The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] Traitor's luck

trimsic_ESO
trimsic_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It's not possible to find the captain; I cannot click on the harp, provided it's the only way to make the captain appear in his home.

Edit:
Many people are having the same issue. One workaround is to cancel the quest, restart it, and talk to the female who guards one of the house. If you talk to the Nord male first, then you will have to find and kill the captain, and this alternate scenario of the quest is not working at all.

At the end of the quest, I had to talk to Cariel again. But she was not there. The workaround is to re-enter the cave and leave the cave. After a few tries, Cariel was finally standing in front of me.

Edited by trimsic_ESO on May 11, 2014 12:20PM
  • aftershox
    aftershox
    ✭✭
    I can confirm both workarounds in the OP. Talking to the Nord female triggers the series of events leading up to the stage 'Set the fires' which lets you complete the quest properly.
    Edited by aftershox on May 21, 2014 10:54AM
    'May you walk on warm sands!'
  • dipsky
    dipsky
    Soul Shriven
    quest still bugged. the spy is not there when you have to talk him
  • DarrenUK
    DarrenUK
    Soul Shriven
    dipsky wrote: »
    quest still bugged. the spy is not there when you have to talk him

LOL - SHE ,Work around I just found out myself ,is not to take the bottle out of the small tree ,But to go right to the spot where you meet the spy ,she be there this time,

if you already took the Bottle out of the Branch/Small tree , Just Abandon the Quest & go to the spot where she be.
    Edited by DarrenUK on June 30, 2014 8:15PM
  • LordDos
    LordDos
    I had to abandon quest, open both bottles (didn't take either note) and then she was at the meeting point. Strange this one, not sure it is meant to be this way

I did have to relog after speaking sneaking and getting evidence. Cariel doesn't seem to appear easily
    Edited by LordDos on July 2, 2014 10:37PM
    Legolas Dosmir (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
    Bosmer NB
    Former member of Artisans of Aetherius and Crime Syndicate
    Proud member of Black Rose & Songs of Ice and Fire
    Former Beta Tester
    Chief Donkey Herder of the Chrysamere campaign
    Fastest Bottle Washer in the Thornblade campaign
    Currently lost and wandering around the deserts of Alik'r
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do you find where the bottles are, I have no idea where this came from?
  • dipsky
    dipsky
    Soul Shriven
    DarrenUK wrote: »

LOL - SHE ,Work around I just found out myself ,is not to take the bottle out of the small tree ,But to go right to the spot where you meet the spy ,she be there this time,

if you already took the Bottle out of the Branch/Small tree , Just Abandon the Quest & go to the spot where she be.

thanks for the workaround,, :smiley:
  • StariSky
    StariSky
    Soul Shriven
    LordDos wrote: »
    I had to abandon quest, open both bottles (didn't take either note) and then she was at the meeting point. Strange this one, not sure it is meant to be this way
    This worked for me, thanks!

• Sirian
    Sirian
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, I have tried getting more then one bottle. It is not possible. I get one bottle and when tried to loot others I can't because just says its an empty bottle with no option to loot it. By the way this is when I wasn't reading the note. I have tried abandoning the quest and the bottle is gone with the note each time. I go get another bottle with note again and I am back to where I started. I don't see how its possible to have more then one bottle. Zeinmax fix this bug. No workarounds are working.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, quest is still broken if you pick up a bottle breadcrumb quest to the Spy. This is the work around that allowed me to proceed -

* Be at the location where the Spy is supposed to show up
    * Abandon the quest (you don't really need it; it is a breadcrumb to the location)
    * Log out, then back in (this is important)
    * Wait a few and the Spy should pop into view
    * Get real quest from the Spy

ZOS should either fix this, or just remove the bottle breadcrumb quest.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Innocente wrote: »
    Can confirm, quest is still broken if you pick up a bottle breadcrumb quest to the Spy. This is the work around that allowed me to proceed -

* Be at the location where the Spy is supposed to show up
    * Abandon the quest (you don't really need it; it is a breadcrumb to the location)
    * Log out, then back in (this is important)
    * Wait a few and the Spy should pop into view
    * Get real quest from the Spy

Thank you for a the work around. I tried a bunch of different things until I stumbled upon this thread.

Worked like a charm first time around.

The quest is still definitely bugged if you use the bottle to start it.
  • Garkbit
    Garkbit
    ✭✭
    Innocente wrote: »

Agree - They should fix it or just remove the bottle option that starts it.
    Still bugged when you use the bottles in the trees to start the quest.
    These are not the sweet rolls you're looking for - Now move along before I put an arrow in your knee.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is how many years later and it is still not fixed? (PS4)

Yeah, nerco'd a thread, but this should be able to find the captain without abandoning the quest, especially this many years later!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    16 May 2021. This quest is still bugged.

If you cannot find the captain after you talk to the male guard, then delete the quest, start over, and talk to the female guard, and then proceed to light the crates on fire, etc, to complete the quest.

7 years. Still bugged.