The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Texture Streaming Addons?

OldSmeller
OldSmeller
✭✭✭
Is it possible or even allowed to alter game settings so that the textures seen ingame are always the high res versions that load normally after staring at one thing for a few seconds?

I want the best visual quality possible.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    ... What? If overriding the LOD is possible, look at the game configuration file. Addons cant script their way around how the engine work.
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't really know because no complete tweak guides have been released yet. LOD should NEVER be up in the face of the PC. That is however how it plays out in this game.
  • Seaclean
    Seaclean
    Yes, it's possible. I used to have this problem, but I fixed it. Here's what you do:

Navigate to your Usersettings.txt file (Libraries -> Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online -> liveeu -> Usersettings.txt

Find this paragraph:
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS

And set the value to -3, so it reads:
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"

Alternatively/additionally, you can run the ESOLauncher file that enables you to force High details (as well as forcing the game to draw a much higher distance than can be done normally, which frankly looks awesome). That takes a huge toll on your performance, but it's worth it if you're a graphics wh*re like me.

I've spent a fair number of hours tweaking ESO to my liking, and it's quite possible to get a nice result out of it if you run Sweetfx 1.5, ENB series and ESOLauncher at the same time. :) All of these files/alterations should not conflict with the terms of service/agreement.
    Edited by Seaclean on May 11, 2014 6:23PM
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭
    ESO launcher file?

Ahh I see, I hope this dosn't get me banned.
    Edited by OldSmeller on May 11, 2014 11:23PM
  • shiroimin
    shiroimin
    Seaclean wrote: »
    Yes, it's possible. I used to have this problem, but I fixed it. Here's what you do:

Navigate to your Usersettings.txt file (Libraries -> Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online -> liveeu -> Usersettings.txt

Find this paragraph:
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS

And set the value to -3, so it reads:
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"

Alternatively/additionally, you can run the ESOLauncher file that enables you to force High details (as well as forcing the game to draw a much higher distance than can be done normally, which frankly looks awesome). That takes a huge toll on your performance, but it's worth it if you're a graphics wh*re like me.

I've spent a fair number of hours tweaking ESO to my liking, and it's quite possible to get a nice result out of it if you run Sweetfx 1.5, ENB series and ESOLauncher at the same time. :) All of these files/alterations should not conflict with the terms of service/agreement.

Seems like you spend a lot of time to make the game look great. Care to share couple of things? Your usersettings file, SweetFX config and what is ENB??? Please it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Seaclean
    Seaclean
    Sorry about the delayed response.
    I've taken the liberty to create a thread about all of this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/96914/creating-the-most-beautiful-experience?new=1

Ask me stuff in these if you want to know more.