Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sorry for having fun with Nightblade

• mstout7419b14_ESO
    @Mucera78‌ if youre asking if siphon tank is good in pve- its more powerful in pve than pvp

http://youtu.be/jnLb2lN8w8M
    Edited by mstout7419b14_ESO on May 12, 2014 11:55AM
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I must be laughing or not at this it looks like an awfull joke :neutral_face:
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 12, 2014 6:31PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love my NB because as the DK and Sorc will get there nerfs and NB will get fixed then NB will be OP, then Templars will be like "what about us?" they will be buffed, NB gets nerfed, Sorc gets another buff, DK will get buffed again, cycle continues. Stick with your class not the flavor of the month. When you see players all migrating to these other classes cause everyone is dominating with them the devs im sure will realize the favoritism to a class and look into it.
  • Mucera78
    Mucera78
    @Mucera78‌ if youre asking if siphon tank is good in pve- its more powerful in pve than pvp

http://youtu.be/jnLb2lN8w8M

Looks great, i can aoe farm 5 or 6 pretty well and its fun. Great to know it will not only still work in veteran content but judging by the video improve once i am geared.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Mucera78 wrote: »
    I feel almost dirty about having fun with my NB after reading the class forums.
    There are certainly issues with the class and at times skills bug, like assassins blade not doing anything but still costing mana.
    Nothing was ever gamebreaking to me though.
    Also i am not vet yet, which could possibly change my perspective but many complain about NB pre 50 already.
    In short, the class certainly needs a rebalance but there are to many topics here blowing it all completely out of proportion.
    It seems if something isnt said in a sensationalist manner then it isnt worth talking about.
    I find that obnoxious and counter productive and to anyone reading this and wondering if they should roll a NB, i think you should.
    Try it for yourself, level it to 50 and see how you like it.

How a class or any skill works before you hit veteran rank is quite irrelevant. As the difficulty level for "normal" levels are easy mode compare to veteran rank difficulty level.

Things that work very well in "normal" levels do not work at all when you get to veteran rank and you need to rethink your entire build.

I have a VR 2 Templar and a VR 3 NB now. And if I compare the class skill lines only the Templar is more fitted for soloing in the VR content then the NB is. But you can compensate by using other skill lines. Only NB skill that is worth using in veteran rank is the Swallow Soul skill in the siphoning line. Rest I use guild and weapon abilities. Compare that to my templar where I use 4 class abilities on each hot bar.
  • BSGDevastator
    BSGDevastator
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've been playing as a NB since I've bought the game. I am currently Veteran 1 and since level 18 I've only been doing the quests in Cyrodiil, since I'm more of a grind-player than a lore-interested one. The only quests I did outside of Cyrodiil are some dungeon quests and of course the main quest.

Since I was always in PVP i can tell a hell of a story about NB. And I can say that NB is anything but weak. They're in fact very strong. When I was around level 38, I was already able to take on players up to Vet 5 (depended on what they had, of course).

NB suck at PvP against more than one enemy if the enemies have a PvP oriented build. However, fighting multiple people at once isn't the purpose of a NB. I usually try to find someone stupid enough to build their trebuchet at the other side of the army where I could just take him out.

There are, however, a few problems:

1. Sneaking is sometimes broken
    -Sometimes after you kill someone, you are still spotted, for up to a few minutes, even if you hide somewhere behind a wall. That ruins the gameplay of a NB, causing him to retreat for a few minutes before beeing able to pick out someone again.

2. Invisibility does not always work correctly
    -Shadow Cloak does not always make you invisible, or so it seems. I've been taken down by alot of people while invisible, although no one had a magelight (after dieing a few times while invisible, I started to watch closely if someone has a magelight). Also, sometimes it just breaks and my Invisibilty only lasts for about 0.5 seconds.

3. Someone with a shield is not an option for an assassination target
    -It is almost impossible to take someone down who has a shield. You have to get him from behind and kill him in about 1-3seconds, before the stun runs out. After that, you'll have no chance in taking him down. Shield Bash makes you unable to perform any action while also suffering horrendous amounts of damage.

I have been beaten up by a level 36 Shield-wearer without having ANY chance for beating him up. I tried around 6 times, using different tactics and analyzing his reactions. It was simple. He somehow got out of my stun (I guess there are some CC-removal skills), smashed me to the ground with shield charge and bashed me until I was dead. No tactic helped me win.

TL;DR
    NB are very strong, but have major problems with all those sneaking / invisibility bugs. A shield-wearer is never an option for an assassination target. The class is playable and able to defeat even high levels.
    V̜͚͂ͭͤ̈̌̽̏̈́̄͘͘͝ͅR̮͓͙̪̤᷊̭̯̉᷅̆̈́́̂̕1̴̖͓̹͔᷿͇̬̍̒̿ͤ̽̈́͠ ̧̙͉̪̤̙̫᷃͊̋̍̆̋ͧͭV̨̛̺̟̥ͫ̆᷅̄͊̑͌̃̓͟ą̵̩̠̒ͪ᷅̒ͫ͗̆ͨ᷈ͪ͠m̢̜̰͔᷂̱̀᷆ͤ͛̌͊᷇̈́̚p̡̺̼͕̣ͧͬͪͮ᷄̍̈̍̂͌į̠̦̖̰͚̒᷇̃̾ͪ͊ͧ̚͞r̟͈̣̭̂᷃̊̍̂͗̈̏᷾͗ͧe͢͏̗̱͚̥̜͙ͭ̃̒̋ͬ͢͞ ̴̺̼͇͂̿᷄̂̓ͤ͒̒̃͋͢N̝̯̹̩̰̼̑̿᷄᷉̃᷀̋ͩ͋ǐ̧̮̮̮͖̘̓͋̌᷅͆᷈̕ͅǵ͇̲͉̝̠̮͐̐̃ͯͫ᷾ͦ͟h̸͈̹̘̭̯̝̺͎͖̏ͬ̑̅̿t̪̠͎̲᷈͂ͯ̊ͭ᷇̀͗̅̕͠b̟᷊̻̹̝̑̌᷆᷁̂̃̈́ͩ͘͞l̠͙̻̪̣ͭ̿ͧͧ̈͛͛̒̓ͤa̡̛͈̠͇͚̮̬̔́̏̎̒͂̏ḓ̸͈̗͔̇̔̽͏̵̪̔ͪͨͥę͇͇̘̺̞̈᷈̒͐̂ͯ᷈ͩ͡
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I am vet 7 NB .

0) Playing NB asks for high skill cap and lot of testing and tuning up.
    1) NB's are unforgiving - if u make smallest mistake u are toasted.
    2) If u are not flexible with your approach u are underperforming - if u dont use several builds/weapons for different encounters ( Addon "outfitter" is your best friend )
    3) If u look for "i win button" then u better change your class.
    4) If u look for simple solutions - forget it coz most very appealing spells are not delivering what u look for.
    5) NB's are much much better class than public opinion would say in this moment.
    6) Survivability of NB is not an issue even in Vet content .
    7) Sustainability of resources is huge.
    8) When they repair bugs we have - NB will be as strong as any other class if not better in some departments.
    9) There is no disparity in your output if u pick Mag based or Stam based build - they will have similar output.
    10) It would be of great help if we have some significant group skill/buff/debuff since in this moment NB doesn't have it.
    11) U simply can't be indifferent towards NB - u love it or hate it.

I love it !
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on May 13, 2014 10:30AM
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... I like NB ... but at the moment I hate the class :) once things are fixed I will like it again.
    Ah...before I forget...everyone can play NB as a Vampire...it is easy.

Right now I play my DK without putting any points into Magicka or Stamina and put everything into health including food buff. Plain 2h sword and guess what. It works beautifully. Don't use class skills at all. I guess I should try this with my NB.

If i can get a char up to 50 without using class skills then Veteran should be easy... we will see how this goes...hehe. Yes, I am playing around...waiting for the big adjustment Nerf to come. In my opinion there is not sense to do anything with any class until things have been sorted out... but that is me.

nice day all
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, no offense, but try it for yourself, level it to VR10 and see how you like it.

Personally I DO like it, but pretty much every other class out there is stronger than us at the moment.
    To this, add all the small bugs (stealth, passive skills etc...) to make it even more "challenging".
    For me this is not enough to reroll, i would rather get better and wait for a buff, but lets not pretend NB is fine as it is.

We are a nice GT car trying to race the F1.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 13, 2014 11:19AM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9) There is no disparity in your output if u pick Mag based or Stam based build - they will have similar output.

Unfortunately this is far from being true.
    At the moment magicka skills are outperforming stamina skills on a regular basis, this is not only about NBs though.

• AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    I have a VR10 NB maxed in health, magicka, spell resist, 270 resistance to crits, non vamp, 5 heavy 2 light, pack set with twilights embrace. I am equal to a level 38 DK in terms of PVP power. Meaning, if I see a DK level 38 or lower I will engage them, 38 or higher and it is one verses one I will try to run away. This should not be the case. A level 38 DK hits me for 210 DPS, I hit them for 180, they have better heals, cc, direct damage than a nightblade tank. This should not be the case, IMO.
  • Mucera78
    Mucera78

Gisgo wrote: »

Dude, no offense, but...

None taken.
    Gisgo wrote: »
    For me this is not enough to reroll, i would rather get better and wait for a buff, but lets not pretend NB is fine as it is.

As i hopefully said in my first post, there are bugs and problems, some more annoying then others.
    But NB is farm from the unplayable, completely broken class some people make it out to be.

I have much bigger problems with 2h, as i find it underwhelming, which saddens me greatly.
    Edited by Mucera78 on May 13, 2014 3:45PM