The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'Extra' Quests Go Beyond But Not Necessary For 46 Out Of 46 Quest Achievement In Auridon?

RatsnevE
RatsnevE
✭✭✭
I think I'm finished with Auridon. The achievements section says I've finished 46/46 quests. But what about the 'Undaunted's' quest to enter 'Dungeon: Banished Cells'? And in the same dungeon there is 'Find the First Keeper' and/or 'Banishing the Banished'.

Are these considered extra 'quests' that one might not bother with since they don't seem to concern achievements--not that I'm playing ESO to finish any particular achievements?? I would just like to know please. And thank you.
Edited by RatsnevE on May 10, 2014 7:38AM

Best Answers

• Stormynature
    Stormynature
    ✭✭✭
    There are more than 46 quests in Auridon. Completing quests beyond your achievement is completely up to you but take into account that some quests will reward Reputation (i.e. Undaunted Quests) as well as other quests may advance the storyline as a whole.

Choosing not to do a quest might be fine but it is utterly dependant on the nature of the quest and what flows on from it or what its outcome contributes to you.
    Edited by Stormynature on May 10, 2014 7:57AM
    A maxed out luggage draught horse should be allowed to carry a wayshrine
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Stormynature
    Stormynature
    ✭✭✭
    RatsnevE wrote: »
    I think I've read that the maximum group size is 4 only? Can a single PC wait at the dungeon door and announce they would like to join with a group? So can a group of 4 take on extra solo players? Will there be other _'Undaunted'_ quests elsewhere that won't have this 'catch 22' private group requirement?

Thanks.

Dungeon groups are capped at 4. You can use group finder as one way to access the dungeon with a team autograbbed for you, though this can be hit and miss with the quality of some players. Trying to grab other players through zone chat is also another way but a lot of people have zone chat turned off due to the gold spamming that used to take place (no idea if it still does as zone chat is still off on mine). You could wait until you are overlevelled on the place but then where is the fun in it beyond the achievement grind. Last but probably the best -- find a guild (or develop a group of "friends") with which to level and see content through using each other as a support mechanism for things like group activities.

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

A maxed out luggage draught horse should be allowed to carry a wayshrine
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    I would be inclined to play all the quests open to me in any area but in this case the problem is that 'The Banished Cells' that I think these two quests take place in cannot be done solo to my knowledge. I've been in it trying by myself, since only a group is allowed--no tagging along with other grouped or un-grouped players for help, and the mobs are impossible where I can't sneak past. Once discovered it is _over_.

I think I've read that the maximum group size is 4 only? Can a single PC wait at the dungeon door and announce they would like to join with a group? So can a group of 4 take on extra solo players? Will there be other _'Undaunted'_ quests elsewhere that won't have this 'catch 22' private group requirement?

Thanks.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 10, 2014 8:16AM
    Options
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    The quality of my PC is lacking too. My PC is pretty much an anti-group solo gamer trying to get through the world. I will wait and see how much of this develops and mark my maps appropriately for the future. I don't mind being overpowering when the alternative is always dying! :smiley:
    Options