Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

When are you going to nerf Escape Bolt?! It ruins pvp completely, fix it already!

monkeymystic
monkeymystic
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone I knew said "just give it a week, and they will nerf it to the ground".
People have been complaining about this insanely overpowered escape bolt ability since beta, yet there is still not done anything against it?

Right now over half my pvp guilds are rerolling sorcerors because it is the only way to be competitive in PVP. They are simply superior to anything else because of abilities that makes them OP, which only sorcerors can get their hands on

Soon there will be as many sorcerors as there are vampires in the game. It will be more of a joke than it already has become with all the escape bolt spam everywhere!
Edited by monkeymystic on May 10, 2014 3:19AM
  • Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭
    It's not broken, other skills that are meant to counter it aren't working as intended. When they fix the NB skills NBs will be able to chase down and kill BE sorcs without much issue.

Also there are several counters, there is a vid you can watch that goes over those counters. There is not one build that beats all, that is all everyone seems to be looking for. "I want to win EVERY TIME!" People need to realize that if your build is superior in one way then there is likely another build out there that can counter you or get away from you.

That was the whole point of the 5 skill slots(+ ult), and weapon swap. You can essentially have 2 different builds, but can't just put together an "I WIN" build.
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    Not that you know me, but I've been saying the opposite of "it will get nerfed into the ground ASAP." Pretty sure a fair amount of others too.

Far from unanimous
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bolt escape is fine as is now with the change where you can't use it with a scroll
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Mjoel
    Mjoel
    ✭✭
    bolt escape needs a nerf its OP its not fine its not fair when a sorc can get away from other heal up come back kill one TP away and so on this skill needs a CD or more magicacost even a DK cant bind them while using bolt escape

OR just give every player a skill to bind a bold escaping sorc maybe that silence bolt escape and some other skills with a high range so even if they bolted away we still can use it
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    Forum nubs that complain about OP skills vs any good vr in pvp regardless of what they use !
    84076960.gif
    I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I am usually not a fan of games that include both PvE and PvP.

Useful skills in PvE are overpowered in PvP so there is outrage and players call for nerfs. The companies nerf the skills for PvP and then once useful skills in PvE become worthless.

I have been seeing it since the days of EQ. PvP players want the game balanced for them regardless of the impact on the PvE game and vice versa,
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah good old EQ, the Enchanter, a meh PVE class that was abusively good in PVP because you could enchant players and make them follow you around and attack mobs and die, for xp loss. Those were the days.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pvp in ESO isnt about getting kills, it's about objective sites - controlling keeps, forts, and resources. If your opponent uses bolt escape to flit away when almost dead, that's just as good as killing them, because it's getting them away from your mine or keep or whatever. If you're on the attacking side, then you're forcing that enemy sorceror to flee the objective they're supposed to be defending.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Ah good old EQ, the Enchanter, a meh PVE class that was abusively good in PVP because you could enchant players and make them follow you around and attack mobs and die, for xp loss. Those were the days.

Haha, and people complain about CC in modern games... :D
  • Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭
    It's fascinating how fast people have tried every imaginable countermeasures against certain attacks in such a short period of time. Well, I'm assuming this because it would be ridiculous to call for a nerf without even thinking about a proper tactic. I don't believe anybody does that, just way too proposterous.
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    Oh *** entire guilds are rerolling sorcs so they can all run away together.
    What ever will we do?

Maby they should make a new guild and call it France.
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    The pvp in ESO isnt about getting kills, it's about objective sites - controlling keeps, forts, and resources. If your opponent uses bolt escape to flit away when almost dead, that's just as good as killing them, because it's getting them away from your mine or keep or whatever. If you're on the attacking side, then you're forcing that enemy sorceror to flee the objective they're supposed to be defending.

Not if he gets away and places a forward camp, allowing his dead alliance members to respawn closer to the action. To say that retreat is never a good option in warfare is ignorant of how warfare actually works.

Every good PvP group has at least one player who cuts and runs when their group is about to die, either to place a forward camp or to sneak back and rez people when they get a chance. That's why good PvP groups also camp corpses to try to counter a lone stealther coming back to rez their friends.

Sorcerers are currently uncatchable in this role during group combat. Most of the counters to Bolt Escape require split-second timing in order to target the Sorc before they are out of range, which simply isn't possible in group combat. At least, it's not possible to consistently and repeatedly counter a Sorcerer who is Bolt Escaping away in a group of players, which is what you have to do to stop a Sorc from simply using a second Bolt Escape after you counter their initial use of the ability.

In theory, you can counter Bolt Escape. Under ideal conditions. When the Sorc is alone. And when you time multiple skills perfectly. In other words, 99% of the time they get away. But, keep telling yourself this ability isn't broken because the community has found some counters which work in a vacuum.

-Travail.
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    They will be changing it so it cabt be used as elder scroll carrier in pvp
    Edited by Sypherioth on May 10, 2014 10:24PM
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    Be careful when you wish for the nerf bat. I have seen many MMO's become empty of players when the company starts the "balancing act". For every skill line they nerf they will *** off a lot of players. I like ESO and want it to grow into a healthy community. Nerfing is not the way to do it.

Right now they should be fixing the broken skill lines not killing ones you think are too strong. ZOS has shown that they will nerf even when the skill line is almost unplayable. Vampire skill line comes to mind.

They should fix all skill lines before they nerf anything.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goibot wrote: »
    Be careful when you wish for the nerf bat. I have seen many MMO's become empty of players when the company starts the "balancing act". For every skill line they nerf they will *** off a lot of players. I like ESO and want it to grow into a healthy community. Nerfing is not the way to do it.

Right now they should be fixing the broken skill lines not killing ones you think are too strong. ZOS has shown that they will nerf even when the skill line is almost unplayable. Vampire skill line comes to mind.

They should fix all skill lines before they nerf anything.

Problem is , people also quit if they dont nerf or buff other skill lines.

Im playing a templar , and i can tell you , im REALLY close to quitting , because my class appears to be a piece of crap when compared to DKs mostly. So yeah , either this balance this , and soon , or they will lose players without the nerfs.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is , people also quit if they dont nerf or buff other skill lines.

Im playing a templar , and i can tell you , im REALLY close to quitting , because my class appears to be a piece of crap when compared to DKs mostly. So yeah , either this balance this , and soon , or they will lose players without the nerfs.

I am also a Templar V2 at the moment. I agree with you that the Templars are probably the weakest class. I am currently on my 3rd different build with him trying to get something that works better in the veteran areas.

I went with a Templar in the beginning because of the team of players I started with (I knew we would need group heals). If I had to start over again I would probably do a sorcerer vamplar with a line for both staffs. But that being said I do like the Templar. I can now survive somewhat in the Veteran content but I agree we could use some love.

However, I do not think they need to nerf other class lines. When you take away something or weaken some ones build you make it where they can't do what they could do the day before. Most result in rage quit.

I feel strongly that they should fix all the skill lines passive and actives before they even think about nerfing. NB and Vamp lines need some serious fixing.
  • TheWired
    TheWired
    ✭✭
    Bolt escape is not fine right now and is one of the broken mechanics in PvP. A sorcerer shouldn't be able to be indefinitely un-catchable or stunlock a crowd of people going back and forth using that skill.

One of the other broken mechanics is the Dark talons / Standard of might combo from the Dragon knights. Seriously, I'm a DK and standard of might is THE most op ultimate there is in this game. Don't get me wrong, I really love the skill but it makes other ultimates like Magma Armor a bit useless in comparison.
    It does insane DoT damage for like 14 seconds, it makes the user significantly harder to kill and also boosts damage by 30%. It wouldn't be so much of a problem in itself as you would just simply roll out of it but stacked with Dark Talons, you will be dead within 5 seconds if you can't get out. The issue is that dark Talons requires a roll dodge to get out of and is easily spammable, making it hard for anyone to survive. It you play well it's not impossible to make it out alive but it is a bit OP in my opinion. I'm not sure how to balance this out to be honest; as a tanky DK, My DPS is already quite low as is and most of my damage comes from Dark talons / searing strike.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First, congratulations on the original thread and the competence you've shown with the forum search feature. Bravo sir, you've contributed quite a lot by creating a thread that already has 3-5 active threads on the topic.

Second, you're wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kfzJ1lNlU4
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Everyone makes the class they like.
    2. Players level and try pvp, realizing that sorcerers never die due to LOLescape
    3. Community complains about LOLescape
    4. Devs do nothing
    5. Community rerolls to sorcerers to use LOLescape
    6. 80% community "Defends" LOLescape because 80% of the community are now Sorcerers.

Vicious cycle

I can only pray that Zos has a brain and makes the right call.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh *** entire guilds are rerolling sorcs so they can all run away together.
    What ever will we do?

Maby they should make a new guild and call it France.

+1