The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you or would you VOIP RP?

SeñorCinco
SeñorCinco
✭✭✭✭
This was sparked to potentially derail another thread. So, I thought it best to dedicate it to it's own thread.

Some, I'd dare say a very small minority, have been discussing the opportunity to voice for their character and essentially all but abandon the chat window completely.

Granted, it's not for everyone as neither is RPing in itself, but there are those that enjoy using a VOIP .

Are you or would you entertain the idea?
Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

Edit: Almost a week later, and I'm the only person to post here. Guess you got your feedback, eh?
    Edited by MercyKilling on May 14, 2014 7:58AM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • SilvaRavenheart
    Indeed
    I am the flame which lights the way. I am wisdom attained and knowledge sought.
    By my power the darkness is burned. My will the tides are turned. Arcane might is my weapon. Elemental fury, my shield. Know me as The Sorceress. And fear the name,
    Ravenheart
    !
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the idea, and I would be down, but I have abandoned hope of serious RP in an MMO. People either want romance (I dont care, married with kids here), or they are flaky. I have one friend I rp with and it's mostly in the format of exchanged letters through whispers.

But yes, if people actually want to RP, in the ES universe over like teamspeak or something, I would be down.
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate VOIP and listening to heavy breathers while they bark out orders. I couldn't imagine listening to someone RPing on VOIP narrating their characters feeling towards the luv of Orsimer skin color.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be really fun...however, I doubt I could get the voice right. Geez, the looks on my family's faces XD
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. It would be too immersion breaking for me.
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like fun, except when you try to accommodate players with cross-gender characters. I have a couple of male characters, and I can only imagine how stupid I'd sound trying to RP a huge male Orc...

Other than that, if I was just on my female characters, I probably wouldn't mind. It might be fun! Plus, you could just focus on typing out emotes, while still leaving conversation in voice chat. Might make it a bit easier, overall.

There's always a comfort boundary when it comes to voice chat. Occasionally, people end up dealing with creepers. And sometimes you get that guy/gal who just feels like they need to be the center of attention in voice chat.

The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a chance...
    My wife would hear and there'd be no end to the mockery.

Also, yeah, listening to the folks who can't get their mic configured right so they're always screaming at you, or have music blaring in the back ground, or the heavy breathing... No thanks.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?