Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Traditional 'nightblade' build

ArgonianAssassin
ArgonianAssassin
✭✭✭✭
This isn't supposed to be viable, this is for my RP set when I want to feel like a traditional nightblade, similar to my Skyrim character. When I think of nightblades in the single player games I think spellswords, with magic in one hand and dagger in another, but without all the heavy armor and tankiness of a battlemage and instead a focus on sneaking, assassination and vanishing without a trace. Or conjuration, illusion and alteration spells, and here's what I came up with, unsurprisingly, it uses almost exclusively class skills from the Nightblade tree, vampirism and dual wield are not required nor are the ultimates, those can be whatever you like it's just personal taste that it fits better with the themes of a nightblade. http://tinyurl.com/lqpdx3a

Illusion spells: Mirage, Shadowy Disguise, Mass Hysteria, Devouring Swarm(Conjuration Spell?)

Alteration: Siphoning Attacks, Focused Attacks, simple enchantment spells.

Conjuration: Devouring Swarm(Illusion spell?), Dark Shades, Impale(Melee?)

Assassin/Melee: Concealed weapon, Impale(Conjured?), Incapacitating Strike, Rapid Strikes.

Restoration Magic: Swallow Soul, Drain Essence.

This covers all the bases, in my opinion, of what makes traditional nightblade in TES, an assassin who makes use of stealth, mind tricks and magic to make a clean kill and disappear into the night, as if you were never there.

Bar 1 is for the traditional assassin, get in and get out, but it has defense for when things go wrong for pvp and soloing, when you don't want to go killing everything in a dungeon but a single mob doesn't stand a chance before you vanish once more into the shadows.

Bar 2 is for your prolonged fights and sustain, another single target build with defense if any more enemies show up, but overall you should be making use of both bars anyways all the time with this build, this is focused on restoring your resources and giving you that feeling of being quick as an assassin.
Edited by ArgonianAssassin on May 8, 2014 5:08PM
"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey