Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sorcerer crystal fragment 1.3 secs cast time is not accurate at all

Redsun
Redsun
✭✭
There is no way the cast time is only 1.3 secs from animation starts to firing off. I timed it myself and it is around 1.8secs-2.0secs.

I'm really really surprised no one mentions it all anywhere or find it weird.

Is it an actual problem or just me?
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the animation is longer, but if you spam the hell out of the button, you can fire them off at 1.3 sec.
  • Redsun
    Redsun
    ✭✭
    So the first cast have animation delay and subsequent casts not....

i dont think this is intended. Please fix the animation delay.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    If you spam it, it will clip the animation every time. Its not longer or shorter on subsequent casts.

The animation time is just too long. Its not broken, but it does need to be adjusted.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or they can fix the clipping, update the tooltip to the actual 1.8 time, and buff the skill proportionately.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem a little long at times I agree.
    On a similar note, has anyone had their entire spell disappear lately?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    It does seem a little long at times I agree.
    On a similar note, has anyone had their entire spell disappear lately?
    Yes, not just on Crystal Shard but on the Storm Calling and Daedric Summons as well.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they fixed animation clipping, combat would feel incredibly sluggish and unresponsive. Every player and every class would wear out their keyboards spamming buttons, wondering why stuff isn't firing. For a game that already feels unresponsive at times, this would bury it.

So, learn to work with how it is now.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, you used to be able to buffer the cast time on Crystal shards so much that you could have multiple in the air at one time at medium range. Thats one of the few beta bugs that I can safely claim as my find.
    The Psijic Order
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is loads of button activation delay in this game. Try weapon swap. I have seen it take a couple of seconds before it swaps. In the middle of a fight this will get you killed. Especially if you spam it thinking it hasn't worked. You end up switching back to the weapon you wanted to swap from.
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    disappearing spell is really annoying....happened like 5 times today I run up to boss hit my ultimate and it aggros boss but no ultimate happens... I die... another one is greater antronch if in middle of fight you hit it you get nothing
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »
    There is loads of button activation delay in this game. Try weapon swap. I have seen it take a couple of seconds before it swaps. In the middle of a fight this will get you killed. Especially if you spam it thinking it hasn't worked. You end up switching back to the weapon you wanted to swap from.
    Thisss
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually there's another "disappearing" spell that annoys me. Summon "anything" on your slots, which disappear if they don't exist on the other bar when you switch to it. As a summoning sorcerer it means to me that your active slots get cut down to 4, 2 on one bar and 2 on the other otherwise your summons leave.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread