The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO First week impression from 20yr Hardcore gaming vet

ExiledKhallisi
ExiledKhallisi
✭✭✭✭✭
Annoyances

1.No Raid content. Why?
2. These forums are the worst I have ever seen. It's like some middle school kid made them using one of those do it yourself apps. Why would they not just make it a regular forum? "Dont have permission to post in game discussion" wtf? I dont even know where to post this as I cant seem to find a GENERAL FORUM like every other mmo has.
3. In game mounts run way to slow, There's not even really a point in using one. You can take player on foot A and player on horse B and have them run from the same spot to a marker on the map and they will both get there within 30 seconds of each other.
4. Bank space needs to be doubled. Reason: You only have enough room to hold crafting mats for 1 profession on one character let alone store anything for an alt or for later use. It doesn't make sense why starting space isn't 150-200. It causes grief not fun. Which the game should be about, fun.
5. My final woe.... 5 guilds..... How unpersonal couldy ou have made the guild system? with 5 guilds you cant even tell who is truly loyal to your guild. It makes things a bit bland when you aren't dedicated to a specific team.

Other than that, I am loving this game ;) I feel like I have so much to do questing and crafting what not. I love the feel of the environment and all my friends that have seen me play are wowed by the graphics. If you turn of the barrens...err zone chat you can really immerse yourself in the world with a good set of headphones. My only true issue with the game is I really feel like, Its a single player game with a online pvp option. I have no qualms! And am continuing to engross myself in this new addiction. Anyhow, just my two cents.
>>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a 30 year hardcore gaming vet I remember my first RPG ... I was wielding a massive sword and striking down my foe by introducing said sword to faces....

Of course this was 1984, I was 4, the sword was actually a stick and it was my sisters face I was hitting ..... and I was roleplaying a spaceman so why I had a "sword" is beyond me.

Options
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I'm not sure what you consider 'raid content' but after a week you should have experience group only instances in your alliance and the two others each major zone. There are more once you hit level 50 and more with the upcoming Craglorn expansion.

2. Agreed. They are rather in need of a re-vamp.

3. There are different types of mounts that are better at some things than others and they can be upgraded every 20 hours.

4. Inventory seems an issue only because it is so expensive to upgrade past a certain point. With 8 toons available you can survive. A bit of a hassle but not the worst thing once you get used to it. I would like to see individual banks and the ability to mail to and from your alternatives.

5. I agree, 1 guild makes it more personable, I assume 5 guilds were in for trading due to no real market place / auction house.

Options
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    1. raid zone is Craglorn coming in next update...but you've only been playing a week. Ready for raiding, already?
    2. yeah I agree. Although you have successfully found what passes for the general discussion, here in new player help. This forum can use a lot of improvement.
    3. Do you know you can hold down "shift" to sprint on the mount? just like on foot. That's where the increased speed comes in . Plus you can feed the mount every day for 250 g to increase speed/stamina(for sprinting)/bag space. Also there are faster horses.
    4. you can upgrade bank/bag slots for money, but yes there is an inventory squeeze, especially when crafting. heck I am leveling 4 crafts and it's insane.
    5. yeah. It seems this is the trend with recent games, but the whole concept needs to be reworked IMO.
    Options
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like "20yr Hardcore Gaming Vet!" on a t-shirt.
    Options