Suggestion: Improving loot drops with choices + grouping / dungeon delving XP

e.gamemarkb14_ESO
e.gamemarkb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Remove all XP penalties from grouping, or put in game a system that pops up a box when you do group clearly stating what XP bonuses you do receive and how adding more players to a group can impact that experience in the open world.

Overhaul the entire loot system, seriously!

1. Main story line quest rewards (at the very least), should have choices / intelligent loot options. The only quest I have ever seen that gives the player a real choice is when you get the Prismatic Weapon, and even after completing it, you are given a 2nd chance to change your mind and have it made into a different type of weapon.

Frankly, every main story quest reward (and perhaps many of the side line quests) should be similar with a list of choices available to the player.

I can’t tell you how sad and frustrating it is to spend an hour or more of my time on a story line quest, knowing I am going to get an item I will never use because that item will not work well with my build / play style I have chosen to play =(

Why do you think there is a metric ton of main story reward items on all the merchant trade guild stores? Having choices = happy players while having no choice = unhappy players and potential loss of interest in the game because of the lack of reward choices. Player want to feel like their time spent matches the reward given at the very least.

2. All bosses in dungeons should reward every player with a random blue or chance of purple the 1st time their group defeats that boss. An intelligent system might review and see what types of gear the player may be using when they enter the dungeon, and then assign a loot table that is more tailored in choices to what that player may want.

3. Place a reasonable timer on how often players can receive blue quality loot from each boss if they choose to re-run that dungeon. At the very least, give us a guaranteed soul shard.

4. Give players reasonable XP for re-running and completing dungeons, including giving decent XP for killing bosses. This would go a long way in bringing good will back to the current hostile grouping mechanic / helping others complete dungeons.

5. If Zenimax feels there needs to be a limit on how often players can complete a dungeon and receive XP and good rewards, you could take a page from RIFT and implement something similar to what they did on this very issue, which was to limit how many times you could run any specific dungeon to gain rewards within a 24 hour time period and add back to that overall counter each day.

These are just suggestions I am tossing out there and feel that they would really go a long way in increasing player happiness with reasonable choices for main story line quests, and the ability to run dungeons multiple times with group and friends, knowing we can still earn decent XP and rewards instead of enduring the current sadness we have now.
Edited by e.gamemarkb14_ESO on May 8, 2014 12:09AM
  • mbisurgiub17_ESO
    mbisurgiub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is exactly what I asked for in a recent topic, you should be able to choose al least in quests rewards, such as WOW for example, because with this system you have to wait for an item that you dont like, for example my brother started playing and he is NB DPS so he uses medium armor and he kept getting armor that he did not use, and as i say in another topic, during early levels where you cant craft whatever you want or buy whatever you want
    Options