The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A VR10 feedback on things that could be improved (PVP part)

Cris
Cris
Soul Shriven
This is the PVP part of some feedback left on reddit and thought it deserved some attention feel free to leave your 2 cents

PVE Part

Crafting Part

Original post by reddit user u/TrollingSince1900

For the entire discussion and original source feel free to visit the Reddit thread/

I am a vampire sorc. I won't even start talking about bat swarm, we all know it's imbalanced. I just want to say this: I can literally run in Cyrodil forever in mist form, with annulment, immovable and rapid maneuver on, and never die. EVER. I can just blink inside a group of 40 enemies and laugh at them trying to kill me or even damage me for more than a minute, then just blink away. A nuke of 1000 damage would do like 200 damage to me, just cus of annulment. That is without the mist form damage reduction. I can spam annulment and have it always on, mist form too. A 50k hp world boss would die faster to 40 people attacking it than I will, with my 3k HP. I can't be stunned, can't be rooted, can't be knocked down, can't be damaged for more than ~50 hit points, can't be seen! Too many defensive spells stacking with each other make it impossible to kill a player with enough HP. Armor doesn't even matter. I am a "glass cannon" sorcerer. Not a tank.

A keep can be captured without a wall / door going down. Level up a DK to level 10 in another alliance, then use the chain pull skill to get your "ex allies" up on the walls of a keep. They will take the keep in no time, noone will even notice the keep is gone for some minutes. This is actually happening in Auriel's bow.

If I want my character to have it's passive skills working, I have to relog every time I die in Cyrodil. It's come to a point I don't care about losing a 1v1 pvp anymore, I just want to stay alive mostly for that - not having to relog. Vampire passives (faster speed while sneaking, some more regen, damage mitigation) are not working if you die - I can live without those, I can't pvp without my light armor bonuses though. Magicka reduction passives are broken after you die (doesn't happen every time, it has ~25% chance), making me go out of mp after nuking 2 enemies. This is probably the most frustrating issue for me of anything I am posting here.
-
I have made like 800k alliance points in Cyrodil which means I pvp'd a lot. Like 40% of the players are vamps. I have seen only 4 - yeah, FOUR people using a werewolf transformation, either allies or enemies, in so many hours. I would love to see 10 werewolves casting mass fear etc in a mass pvp, maybe boost WW or something? Also, please make it possible for a magicka based char to be a WW? Anyone can be an effective vamp, why not a WW?

The items you can buy with your alliance points SUCK. Why spend 650k a.p. to buy an epic armor vr10 which costs like 10k gold? The a.p. exclusive sets are for r1 or r6, and they are not good enough. So wtf should we do with our a.p.? I always buy siege equipment, repair kits, forward camps but I hardly spend 20% of my a.p. on those.
People have come to a point, they say "Buy the ring, it's worth the a.p." So the epic ring (costs 650k a.p.) gives you 5 more health points than the green one. But your HP will probably be overcharged, so you will take like 2 points. So, believe it or not, 650.000 alliance points will buy you 2 more hp and that's THE BEST you can do with them. I have seen people selling those 650k ap items for 25k gold and noone even buys them. A hardcore PvPer will probably make around 70k alliance points per day. Do the math. The alliance points you need a day full of pvp to get, can hardly be sold for 3k gold. For those 70k ap, you will also get ~30 boxes. ~15% of the boxes have a set item. So let's say you get four r10 set items per day, at rank 10 thats 4 x 5k = 20k gold.

Your boxes, for a day of HARDCORE pvp, cost 20k gold and your alliance points cost 3k gold. That's 7 to 1. That's making the alliance points USELESS. It is the first time I see a game with a "second currency" so useless as in ESO. I felt like ZOS is trolling me when I saw that you can buy siege equipment with normal gold as well. Like, the devs telling you "here, spend gold and save your valuable alliance points for our cool items!"

Kill a player in a mass PvP and you won't even know who you killed. Maybe it was the guy who killed you earlier. Maybe it was the reddit mod who pissed you off! (j/k). I understand it would break immersion to show the name of a player right above the char and not up there on our screen, but something needs to be done.

Edit: added links to the other parts
Edited by Cris on May 7, 2014 6:03PM