The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Enchanting Chest Bugged?

Awesometographer
Awesometographer
✭✭✭
Every time I open my enchanting minion's chest, I get nothing. I've submitted a /bug - but have yet to hear anything. Every time for the past week.

Anyone else have this happening?
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure that your Enchanter is opening the chest? Whether it's a bug or not, I've found that my characters who JUST have the Hireling but no other skill points in crafting can LOOK at their hireling mail but not TAKE it, and then my ~actual~ crafter opens the chest and gets resources appropriate for HER level (Hide instead of rawhide scraps, eg)...

I think once I had that main crafter open my Enchanter's chest and I got nothing --- possibly because my main crafter doesn't actually have ANY enchanting skills.

Come to think of it, it may be that you have to have the HIRELING skill yourself, in order to open the chest that that same kind of hireling delivered to your alt. So if Character A had a Clothing Hireling and Character B had a Clothing AND Blacksmithing Hireling, then Character B could open both his and Character A's chests.... but if Character A tried to open Character B's Blacksmithing Chest, he'd get nothing because he has no Blacksmithing Hireling skill of his own.
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    I've done it both ways, main and enchanting alt. Always empty.

My main can open all the others just fine and get mats.
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I open my enchanting minion's chest, I get nothing. I've submitted a /bug - but have yet to hear anything. Every time for the past week.

Anyone else have this happening?

I get 8 enchanting chests a day from my alts and only my level 29 alt who has level 22 enchanting opens them and I have never gotten nothing. Lot's of purple aspects but never nothing :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hireling chests are going away with the next patch, you'll get all the items attached to the emails directly.

According to ZOS, that same change also fixes the issue of empty hireling chests and you should not be getting hireling emails anymore that have no items.

I need to check on the PTS tonight and see if that is in fact working as intended ...
    ;-)