Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Quit asking for nerfs people

TheGrimaceOR
TheGrimaceOR
✭✭
Ok so first it was a gigantic cry over vamps. (which wasn't even the real problem it was ultimate stacking) Now as if some organized flash mob a rally of crying over bolt escape the past few days. If you people raged about nerfs in the same way over bugged and broken class skills maybe ZoS would actually fix things. Tell you what people how about we hold the crys for nerfs for about a month or two and get all our class and skill trees working the way they are intended and then we can see where we are at and what needs toned down.
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. I wonder why people want to play a class that they say is underpowered........and then complain about the other classes being overpowered? Why not play one of those overpowered classes with all the overpowered skills in the first place?
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    well I think they should nerf the forums . 3 brass monkeys
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    well I think they should nerf the forums . 3 brass monkeys

Have you looked at the organization of theses forums? They have already been nerfed into the ground.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flintstone wrote: »
    I agree with you. I wonder why people want to play a class that they say is underpowered........and then complain about the other classes being overpowered? Why not play one of those overpowered classes with all the overpowered skills in the first place?

Not that I don't agree with every word, but... Vampire... need I say more?

I'd rather be a fairy......cake! Cakes have layers you know.

Personally I think they should have just added a day time debuff
    -100% all stats.
    with the exception of mist form, I'm happy for them to do one.

Edited by Tannakaobi on May 7, 2014 4:09PM
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    I am a sorc and I approve this message.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, nerfs and VR are going to kill this game.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly OP, that type won't be happy until every skill in the game is 100% identical, and all are super weak and boring to use.

ZOS seems to already be on the heavy-handed nerf spiral, instead of fixing the underlying issues. Once it starts it usually doesn't end until the game is an empty husk of what it once was.
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o Its a miracle!
    ~ Immersion is no substitute for Exposition ~
    Karesh Zeal - VR12 Templar - Live
    Abyssiana Zeal - VR10 Dragon Knight - Beta - Retired by Zenimax 5/27
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    Sadly OP, that type won't be happy until every skill in the game is 100% identical, and all are super weak and boring to use.

ZOS seems to already be on the heavy-handed nerf spiral, instead of fixing the underlying issues. Once it starts it usually doesn't end until the game is an empty husk of what it once was.

Yeah that indeed let me down. In Zos's defense they have always listened well to thier player base, but in alpha and beta you have the majority of players knowing the mechanics. However now that the game is open to all you have a huge majority of players complaining but the whole player base is no longer an experienced MMO crowd. They see Problems but not the underlying issues or mechanics of those problems. If they become the loud majority ZoS will unfortunately listen to them as they always have.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think, given the history of MMO forums as I have experienced them, that posting a thread called "Quit asking for nerfs" and expecting people will actually consider to stop asking is rather optimistic.

Even though your post has logic, you will continue to see, because of PVP, "fix it now or I quit"......etc. And if people are really quitting ZOS will panic bandaid fix
    what is causing the QQ.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add this thread to the hundreds of others that are good ideas but will never get addressed or seen by anyone that has the power to change it.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truth, @Yankee.

The only hope is that ZOS themselves realize that ham-handedly nerfing everything based on a few players constantly whining for nerfs is a recipe for disaster.

But their joy in relying on bandaid fixes and nerfs instead of addressing the underlying problems does not inspire hope (i.e., loot diminishing returns, timers, nerfs but no fix to ultimate cost etc.).

Personally I think that the diminishing returns on loot and anti-bot timers on gameplay will drive players away before the skills are nerfed to be super homogeneous.

We already have players clamoring for ZOS to add global lockout timers to node harvesting, regular mob loot, quests, and practically every other part of the game you can imagine, which ZOS seems well inclined to do, if the world/public dungeon boss timer or the provisioning diminishing returns patches are any indication.

It's sad because it almost seems like they are taking their cues directly from some of the worst MMO companies in history, e.g., Nexon. These features are right out of the Nexon Playbook for Ruining MMOs.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 7, 2014 4:41PM
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »
    I think, given the history of MMO forums as I have experienced them, that posting a thread called "Quit asking for nerfs" and expecting people will actually consider to stop asking is rather optimistic.

Even though your post has logic, you will continue to see, because of PVP, "fix it now or I quit"......etc. And if people are really quitting ZOS will panic bandaid fix
    what is causing the QQ.

Pvp ruins everything!!
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »

what is causing the QQ.

Yeah its a bummer. This is a brand new MMO and of course their are going to be problems giant imbalances. I just wish more people realized this and had patience. If you start nerfing or changing abilities of a class or skill line before it is even fully unbugged you will just be creating more problems down the road. Maybe you have a class ability or skill tree ability that would really help countering that one move you hate, but you don't know it yet because your trees are bugged and not working properly.
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    MMO's. Much like the real world ruined by the loud dumb majority.
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    I agree except I think they should make it so either vampire players cannot bite others and infect them, or it can only be done once a month. I hate going into town...and every other person is a GOD DAMN VAMPIRE!!

Oh and make the npc spawn more rare as well, maybe cut out a few so it is harder to become a vampire. Also they need to take damage in sunlight, and when they come in town the npcs in town should try to kill them in an angry mob. Also normal players should be able to kill any vampire player at any place in the game. Just my opinion though...
    Edited by rdfarley89 on May 7, 2014 5:04PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, their gene pool gets chlorinated soon. The dumb is catching.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭

Most people in mmo's I've seen want to be OP. When I wrote that all should be equal in pvp, there should be no bonus for those who has no jobs and has max lvl and max gear should be on equal footing with people who does not, the crybabies who knows they have no skill and would not survive came out and cried. PvP, player vs players, after all, in tennis you let everyone in a competition have the same equipment. In football, you have different leagues depending on skill lvl even. But here you see people wanting to be op, they dont want even fights. That should answer your question I think.

I prefer playing fun classes, and I do not mind that classes are good at different things. Rock paper scissor systems are also fine for me. But in the end it needs to be that, equal in one way or the other.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MMO's. Much like the real world ruined by the loud dumb majority.

I would guess the majority of players don't use the forums. Can you imagine how it would be if even half a million players constantly posted daily?

What gets MMO's in trouble is when they see nerf posts from like 30 people and forget the half million who don't see it as a problem so don't post and just play the game until something in pve gets nerfed for something going on in pvp. Even then they may or may not post but just leave cause pve is so messed up.

You notice MMO's don't send out surveys to see if a problem is a problem for the majority of players. I doubt they even have forum voting or poles before nerfs to see if the problem is really a problem for the majority or just for a very verbal minority of players.
    Edited by 7788b14_ESO on May 7, 2014 5:14PM
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the Nerf camp and the Anti-Nerf Camp are equally as bad for the longevity of the game. On one hand you cant call for a nerf on everything that can kill you. On the other hand some people defending broken abilities can be delusional.
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭

IceDread wrote: »

Most people in mmo's I've seen want to be OP. When I wrote that all should be equal in pvp, there should be no bonus for those who has no jobs and has max lvl and max gear should be on equal footing with people who does not, the crybabies who knows they have no skill and would not survive came out and cried. PvP, player vs players, after all, in tennis you let everyone in a competition have the same equipment. In football, you have different leagues depending on skill lvl even. But here you see people wanting to be op, they dont want even fights. That should answer your question I think.

I prefer playing fun classes, and I do not mind that classes are good at different things. Rock paper scissor systems are also fine for me. But in the end it needs to be that, equal in one way or the other.

As far as PvP is concerned; If a build comes along that is said to be completely OP I am fine with it as long as somewhere in the game there is a specific counter build to destroy that spec. I remember in wow days a player in 30's pvp that built a flag running druid spec wearing green welp armor for a chance to put you asleep on hit, the dead mans hand ring for chance at frost root on hit and not to mention druid hit root. Drove me and other people nuts. Then one day I Figured the work around of making a bunch of free action potions to chug right before attacking the player. He never made it back with the flag again.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

As far as PvP is concerned; If a build comes along that is said to be completely OP I am fine with it as long as somewhere in the game there is a specific counter build to destroy that spec. I remember in wow days a player in 30's pvp that built a flag running druid spec wearing green welp armor for a chance to put you asleep on hit, the dead mans hand ring for chance at frost root on hit and not to mention druid hit root. Drove me and other people nuts. Then one day I Figured the work around of making a bunch of free action potions to chug right before attacking the player. He never made it back with the flag again.

Much better then crying for a nerf. :-)
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honfold wrote: »
    Honestly the Nerf camp and the Anti-Nerf Camp are equally as bad for the longevity of the game. On one hand you cant call for a nerf on everything that can kill you. On the other hand some people defending broken abilities can be delusional.

Very true.
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭

Much better then crying for a nerf. :-)

Heh I agree. Got to the point if the player saw me in the game he would immediately quit because I figured out his trick. Much more satisfying than just having blizzard change something in the game on my behalf.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see how balancing the game can be detrimental.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ham handedly nerfing everything in the game into mediocrity != "balancing".
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And when has this been done? Surely you're not referring to the Vampire changes that were desperately needed.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭

And when has this been done? Surely you're not referring to the Vampire changes that were desperately needed.
    No. I'm not referring to Bat Swarm.

Which, FYI, aside from the stacking bug, is not fixed, because it can still be spammed, because the core problem (ultimate cost reduction) was not fixed.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 7, 2014 9:40PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The style of a class is unrelated to any bugged abilities or power balances it may have. I like playing a nightblade, I like the way the class focuses on hit and run attacks and stealth and up close physical damage. I like the fact that my class abilities almost look like weapon attacks rather than being all flashy and magicky.

None of those things that I play the class for are related to the myriad of bugs and imbalances that make the class 'bad'. I enjoy playing a nightblade, but does that mean I should be satisfied with always being less powerful than any other class?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank