The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Quest and Story Continuity (Spoilers)

ToneFish
ToneFish
I really enjoy this game but I've found myself wishing that more attention was paid when it comes to continuity in some areas. I guess it mainly comes down to immersion and caring about the world around you, if it is not believable it is harder to care about. Some quests and stories are excellent but I wanted to point out some of the many oddities I've found.

The list can be made long so I will just take some examples, all are not necessarily related to the main story line:
  • When you first meet Razum-dar he asks you do something because he can't do since he would be recognized. Just a few quests later it turns out he owns a powerful ring that can change your appearance. So I take it he was just lazy then? :)
  • Why can anyone, even hard-core warriors, create magic portals to anywhere they want to go at a whim? I realize it might be easier to speed up questing but there must be alternatives.
  • Why is Cadwell back in Coldharbour when you go back in with the guilds even though you earlier took him out of there to the Harbourage? I am fairly sure he is still in the Harbourage as well.
  • It seems it is possible to create a portal in and out of Coldharbour as easily as coming and going to a café, it happens a lot as the story progresses, is this really the impression we get during the tutorial? Does Molag Bal know of this "security issue"?
  • It seems nearly every person you meet has the knowledge of some powerful artifact that you either have to collect or use that will then do precisely what needs to be done. Many similar artifacts will adapt and serve different functions depending on what is needed to save the day.

If I could have a personal wish it is that a bit more attention is paid to continuity for future quests and to avoid overusing magic and "rare" artifacts. I am willing to bet that I will encounter twenty "rare" and powerful Ayleid artifacts before I find some pepper for my food :)
Edited by ToneFish on May 7, 2014 5:24PM