The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone use WTFast?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
Anyone use it? I've seen people post about it on many posts about it saying it help the people who where posting saying the get kicked out with an error very often. I'm just wondering if anyone here uses it?

My problem: Well what I now know that it's my isp due to bringing my laptop to a buddies house and playing without getting booted to login screen ever. So I know it's my isp. I get booted off to login screen with an error every 20-30 min. Sometimes more frequently and sometimes more then once. I downloaded WTFast knowing that it isn't ment to fix that problem but for whenever I get that problem fixed wheather I switch isps or what not what settings should i be using in WTFast? I payed for one month of an advance membership to try it out.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried talking to your ISP to see what he problem might be? Could be just a question of redirecting or opening ports in your router
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Have you tried talking to your ISP to see what he problem might be? Could be just a question of redirecting or opening ports in your router

yup they said everything was good on there end. I've read up that it could be there new dual band modem but i know some people who have no problems. My next attempt is to try switching the modem and if that doesn't solve it then ill give them a call again and they'll probably send a tech out. But we had a tech out last week and that didn't solve it :P
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Wi-fi or connected through cable? Also, do you know what brand of modem your ISP's using?

Getting booted out of the game at intervals, normally means that there is a package loss somewhere along the way. What you first want to do is do a series of ping tests both externally and internally on your network, both cabled and wi-fi (if you're using wi-fi). You also want to run a series of test on speedtest.net to see if you have package loss there as well. What needs to be determined is whether ir not it's something within your house or something within the ISP's server cluster or 3rd party server clusters. So you need to start diagnosing first to be absolutely sure that it's not your computer or hardware. Once that's clear, the rest is the ISP's domain to fix - even down to the router they provided you with.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Selstad wrote: »
    Are you using Wi-fi or connected through cable? Also, do you know what brand of modem your ISP's using?

Getting booted out of the game at intervals, normally means that there is a package loss somewhere along the way. What you first want to do is do a series of ping tests both externally and internally on your network, both cabled and wi-fi (if you're using wi-fi). You also want to run a series of test on speedtest.net to see if you have package loss there as well. What needs to be determined is whether ir not it's something within your house or something within the ISP's server cluster or 3rd party server clusters. So you need to start diagnosing first to be absolutely sure that it's not your computer or hardware. Once that's clear, the rest is the ISP's domain to fix - even down to the router they provided you with.

The brand of modem is hi-tron. (something like that. Currently not home). I'm using wi fi as im playing on my laptop. I thought it might be range due to me in the basement. Although im right under where the modem is and it's suppose to have long range. I use the 2.4 ghz cause i heard the 5 is only good if there is nothing blocking it's way. But the other people in my house say the internet runs like this for them as well. MY phone also said unstable internet connections when connected to the modem with wi-fi.
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most modems supplied by ISPs are complete garbage. I went out and purchased a Motorolla Surfboard modem after my ISP decided it wanted to charge me a monthly fee to use theirs. Unbelievable difference in both speed and quality of the connection. No more dropping internet for 5 sec every hour. I wish i had purchased it sooner. If you do buy a new modem, make sure your ISP supports the one you plan to purchase first.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to know the ports, here's my last e-mail from Zeni with the ports in them:
    Greetings Adventurer.

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team, my name is Dermot and I am here to assist with your query.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue where your abilities are not functioning. From the sounds of it though it is not an issue with the selected class but more of d-sync from the servers. I have ran into this a few times and it is extremely irritating indeed. Not to worry though I will do my best to help you get around this and make the experience more enjoyable.

First of all the best thing to do would be to improve your connectivity to our servers. This can be done by opening the following ports on your modem/router.

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 49100 through 54000

Please refer to your Internet service provider or modem manufacturer for instructions specific to your device. As each modem and network have different management tools I cant provide step by step instructions specific to your setup.

Additionally make sure you are using a wired internet connection and for the purpose of testing disable any other applications that may be running in the background that utilize the Interent for best performance.

To address your submitted bug reports I am sorry for the confusion but bug reports generally do not receive responses but gather information on issues that we can investigate and address in upcoming patches.

My advise on testing this would rather to go to higher level areas over Level 10 areas as there is a lot more going on in the lower level areas and are more populated so finding an isolated place is better for checking this out, effects on your character should not really affect the ability to use your moves.

If you are still having problems can I ask you to reply to this email with the following diagnostic report attached and I can review to see if I can identify anything else that would help improve your gamplay.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    If you want to know the ports, here's my last e-mail from Zeni with the ports in them:
    Greetings Adventurer.

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team, my name is Dermot and I am here to assist with your query.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue where your abilities are not functioning. From the sounds of it though it is not an issue with the selected class but more of d-sync from the servers. I have ran into this a few times and it is extremely irritating indeed. Not to worry though I will do my best to help you get around this and make the experience more enjoyable.

First of all the best thing to do would be to improve your connectivity to our servers. This can be done by opening the following ports on your modem/router.

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 49100 through 54000

Please refer to your Internet service provider or modem manufacturer for instructions specific to your device. As each modem and network have different management tools I cant provide step by step instructions specific to your setup.

Additionally make sure you are using a wired internet connection and for the purpose of testing disable any other applications that may be running in the background that utilize the Interent for best performance.

To address your submitted bug reports I am sorry for the confusion but bug reports generally do not receive responses but gather information on issues that we can investigate and address in upcoming patches.

My advise on testing this would rather to go to higher level areas over Level 10 areas as there is a lot more going on in the lower level areas and are more populated so finding an isolated place is better for checking this out, effects on your character should not really affect the ability to use your moves.

If you are still having problems can I ask you to reply to this email with the following diagnostic report attached and I can review to see if I can identify anything else that would help improve your gamplay.

I'll try to see if that works today after work
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes stock routers from the ISPs are the worst you can find. The one I have from my ISP gave me an incredible bad speed (around 16 mb/s on a 50 mb/s fiber line). So I went on and purchased an Asus Dark Knight router and boy did that change. Along with an Asus PCI-E card, I only have around 5% speed loss and 0 package loss on it, it's as stable and fast as connected. I didn't think I'd see that from Wi-fi but there you go.

So make a good check of your ISP's router, it might be that one that causes you package loss, and seeing that others in your household has the exact same problem, leaves me to believe that it isn't a computer problem.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Selstad wrote: »
    Yes stock routers from the ISPs are the worst you can find. The one I have from my ISP gave me an incredible bad speed (around 16 mb/s on a 50 mb/s fiber line). So I went on and purchased an Asus Dark Knight router and boy did that change. Along with an Asus PCI-E card, I only have around 5% speed loss and 0 package loss on it, it's as stable and fast as connected. I didn't think I'd see that from Wi-fi but there you go.

So make a good check of your ISP's router, it might be that one that causes you package loss, and seeing that others in your household has the exact same problem, leaves me to believe that it isn't a computer problem.

Yea what I'm going to do today is try seeing if there is a problem with my router. I'm gonna go to the ips and switch it out for another one to see if that fixes it. (As Some people have no problems with it from what I read.) I'm also gonna see if the ports are open as suggested above. If all that fails I'll look into getting a new modem. Or bridging the modem as I heard people who've had problems with the modem that, that has worked as well.

Edited by ShadowWolf613 on May 7, 2014 1:32PM
  • esiilola
    esiilola
    I use WTFast due to ISP problems. I can play any other game just fine, but this game's megaserver technology is somehow recognized by my ISP as something bad and then throttled when there are too many connections open due to megaserver. I can play just fine at mornings and such, when there are not that many people on. For example during CE only early access it worked perfectly for me.

WTFast with its default settings fixes the problem for me and I can play normally.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Alright I just want to thank everyone for there replies. After some research I've found out the problem is the hitron cgn3 modem. I've learnt the best way to fix my problem is to get the cgn2 modem and run it in bridge mode.