Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Final Assault - A group of strangers *spoilers*

S0ld0ut
S0ld0ut
So lets start from the beginning.

I rolled Ebonheart with a Breton, playing through the Ebonheart story I meet NPC's that become a regular feature. Which is great.

The problem comes when I start The Final Assault to stop the Planemeld. I am met with a group of strangers, a knight Darien Gautier and a mage that I presume he loves. Come to think of it, these NPC's play a major role throughout my Coldharbour questing, as well as the servant Stibbons and his Lady Laurent.

I only realised that these people are in fact Daggerfall Covenant NPC's when I started on the veteran factions.

Now this is the problem, because I'm a Breton when I enter Coldharbour do I automatically get the Daggerfall Covenant NPC's/quests because of my race?

If I had chosen an Ebonheart race would I have got the Ebonheart regulars as NPC friends?

This seems mighty stupid seeing as though this is such an epic story and I have to finish it with complete strangers who I have no connection and no back story for.

Can anyone confirm this? What NPC's joined you for the Planemeld battle?
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I am a dunmer with EP and I still have those NPCs. Darien is with the fighter's guild, I believe, and they don't align with anyone, same as mage's guild.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, everyone gets the same npcs.

Think you get mainly the daggerfall ones because well Daggerfall has the coolest story with best voice actors. Gabrielles is especially very good I find.

Also no, that Darien fool doesn't get to love gabby, shes all mine.

Also from daggerfall is Angof, and you can get him to aid you to the final battle too. And yea his convo lacks backstory too with EP( Spoilers:

You kill him in the DC campaign, so he goes to coldhabour)

IIRC you do meet a couple EP specific dudes around too, but just in the various quests, they are too weak and unimportant/low budget for the final battle.

However exactly which ones join you in that final battle does depend on your choices and actions in the previous quests in coldhabour. Not sure if you can lose Gabrielle/Darien, as they are pretty key, but you can definetely not get Angof.
    Edited by Axer on May 8, 2014 12:23PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regardless of your own faction, most of the NPCs are characters you meet during the DC story. Darien Gauthier, Gabrielle Benele, Skordo the Knife all appear during the Covenant story at one point or are even rather prominent characters there.
    The only guys from the Pact that come to mind are the stable master from Windhelm and Holgunn.
    Edited by Kendaric on May 8, 2014 12:32PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Axer
      Axer
      ✭✭✭✭
      bees83 wrote: »
      No, I am a dunmer with EP and I still have those NPCs. Darien is with the fighter's guild, I believe, and they don't align with anyone, same as mage's guild.

ehhhhh. They both pretty much are involved in most of the DC story in saving King Emeric. Pretty much they aren't neutral at all imo.

EP NPC just plain aren't as cool, or they died or something, so they don't get to join the dragonborn to fight the big boss. Same with AD, no one likes elves anyways.
      Edited by Axer on May 8, 2014 12:26PM
      Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
    • Minsc
      Minsc
      ✭✭✭
      You get the two siblings from the EP ( the Dunmer sister and brother ) who love to explore dwarven ruins, and they do play a relatively important role . I can't remember anyone from Dominion => writer bias much ;P
    • Asawasa
      Asawasa
      ✭✭✭
      when i played through coldharbor, found these tools at the end and couldn't care less for the han solo wannabe of the covenant or girlfriend mage i never met until 5 mintues before the final battle. he dies and the elf king dies i could care less. in fact just kill off all of these useless characters. why don't i care about any of the NPCs is because i did it all. every problem on Tamriel is solved solely by me because all of those people apparently can't do anything themselves.

at least the five companions ending was more fitting with a 1 v 1 throw down taking down the god of schemes himself. I'd rather have more of that than the gather all these useless npcs garbage that was coldharbour questing.
    • Shiaxi
      Shiaxi
      ✭✭✭
      I do have to say that I expected to find razum-dar in there (played an AD char to the ending).
      Altho I suppose that's due to the fact that you can have Razum-Dar die in the main quest line of the Aldmeri Dominion
    • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
      Shiaxi wrote: »
      I do have to say that I expected to find razum-dar in there (played an AD char to the ending).
      Altho I suppose that's due to the fact that you can have Razum-Dar die in the main quest line of the Aldmeri Dominion

No you can't. Definitely saw that npc at the end attending the ceremony of the new mane even after my earlier choice

• Shiaxi
      Shiaxi
      ✭✭✭
      Shiaxi wrote: »

No you can't. Definitely saw that npc at the end attending the ceremony of the new mane even after my earlier choice

yes you can; in the ayleid crown quest.. however the consequence does seem to be broken since regardless of your choice here he shows up in the mane crowning ceremony

• stevenpotter321b14_ESO
      Between that scene, and the fact that he is there when you go to the island to try to get the three alliances to go to Coldharbor. I can only assume the whole Cadwell stuff is supposed to be you are sent back in time kinda, else it would make absolutely no friggin sense at all.