The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please Fix Veteran Grind

WobblyBits_X
I finished Stormhaven with about 11% to go till vet3. that was fine, I expected as much since I started Stormhaven at vet1, because I started Glenumbra at level 49...
I want to get my levels in order though, so I go over to Cyrodiil and grind out some quests, objectives and dungeons there and reach vet3.
so I started Rivenspire from 1% into vet3 expecting to get JUST enough for vet4 if I cleared everything.
but that didn't happen. it got me to 81%.
That's every dolmen, every world boss, every skyshard, lore book, at least 4 quests more than the achievement. a whole 19% short.

I wouldn't give a *** if I had to clear entire regions like this for each level... but having to grind out exp some other way at 1/4 the pace to catch up is not fun. grinding mobs isn't viable because of gear repairs coupled with the terrible exp rates.
grinding my home campaign in Cyrodiil isn't viable because the Daggerfall covenant seems to have every single vet10 vampire exploiter there is, on top of outnumbering us 2:1...
this is a really defeating feeling.

increase exp given by quests or mobs OR add more quests to each zone.
Edited by WobblyBits_X on May 6, 2014 6:20PM
  • unlimitedwarriorb14_ESO
    I leveled veteran 1-10 without having to 'pvp' or grind, you're probably just being lazy not doing ALL the quests, and not doing ALL the world bosses and ALL the anchors you can even do veteran dungeons to supplement, stop wanting your hand held like in other MMOs.
  • WobblyBits_X
    I leveled veteran 1-10 without having to 'pvp' or grind, you're probably just being lazy not doing ALL the quests, and not doing ALL the world bosses and ALL the anchors you can even do veteran dungeons to supplement, stop wanting your hand held like in other MMOs.
    Nope. Simply wrong. I did every world boss, every anchor, every dungeon, repeated some bosses...
    Did you even read my original post? I'm fairly certain I detailed all this in it...
  • unlimitedwarriorb14_ESO
    Nope. Simply wrong. I did every world boss, every anchor, every dungeon, repeated some bosses...
    Did you even read my original post? I'm fairly certain I detailed all this in it...

Well I did it, Veteran Rank 10 without any grinding or even doing PVP, you just need to learn to play there budy and do some veteran dungeons or somthing stop whining.
  • WobblyBits_X
    whatever you say...
    I think I'll wait till somebody who isn't stuck up their own rectum comes along.
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭

Well I did it, Veteran Rank 10 without any grinding or even doing PVP, you just need to learn to play there budy and do some veteran dungeons or somthing stop whining.

unlimitedwarriorb14 is correct you missed something by starting glenumbra at level 49. i am vet 1 and just started it. only things i have missed are the last 4 group dungeons but i've gotten everything else.

if you don't want to grind then you have to do everything including vet dungeons at least once. dolmens should be anytime they are up and you can get there you are there. while questing don't just rush to the objective either actually fight the mobs.

achievements are a great way to make sure you have been doing everything in each zone. for example how many public dungeons did you completely clear with all achievements done?
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I never have had to grind/PvP either.
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Never had to grind either.
    I was about 20% done in Coldharbour when I reached veteran rank.
    This was completing every single thing available in Ebonheart Pact including running all group dungeons (albeit some more than once).
    I did dab in some PvP though but I never felt the experience gain in PvP gave me that much.
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    I found this in the PTS Patch Notes v1.1:

Veteran Rank Updates
    You can earn up to Veteran Rank 12 as you continue your adventures in Craglorn. Additionally, the veteran XP earned from killing enemies has more than doubled.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87829/pts-patch-notes-v1-1/p1
    Edited by AbraCadabra on May 7, 2014 11:23PM
  • WobblyBits_X
    Its as if nobody replying has read my OP.
    I ground to 1% into vet3 before starting on Rivenspire. EVERYTHING within Rivenspire (all quests, anchors, dungeons, bosses) took me to 81% of what was needed for vet4.
    What I did in Glenumbra and Stormhaven has no bearing on how much exp Rivenspire gives.
    Asawasa wrote: »
    while questing don't just rush to the objective either actually fight the mobs.
    Fight mobs to make up ~300k exp... Doesn't sound like grinding at all.
    Asawasa wrote: »
    achievements are a great way to make sure you have been doing everything in each zone. for example how many public dungeons did you completely clear with all achievements done?
    The public dungeon achievement for Rivenspire is actually bugged. Most bosses in there would not register as being killed. I specifically looked it up while doing the dungeon.