The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[NA] Most Balanced Campaign?

beravinprb19_ESO
beravinprb19_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey people. I am looking for a server that is not dominated by one alliance, has a decent sized population, and, if possible, one that is not lopsided by different day / night populations. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should make my home campaign?
Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 7, 2014 12:46AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the campaigns match what you're looking for, nor do any come close, unfortunately. I've been looking for weeks and haven't found any that stay balanced for more than a few days.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Lucardes
    Lucardes
    ✭✭✭
    @Lord_Draevan‌ @beravinprb19_ESO‌ there is none. if you want to have fun in pvp play another game. I cancelled my sub already because of this.
    Edited by Lucardes on May 6, 2014 7:20PM
    Lucefer
    #1 Sorcerer in EP Dawnbreaker
    Options
  • Shadrail
    Shadrail
    @Lucardes‌ Think you might have jumped ship to early. Had some epic battles between all three factions after we dethroned the DC emperor last night. No more ability for one person to wipe a skilled group
    Options
  • Lucardes
    Lucardes
    ✭✭✭
    Shadrail wrote: »
    @Lucardes‌ Think you might have jumped ship to early. Had some epic battles between all three factions after we dethroned the DC emperor last night. No more ability for one person to wipe a skilled group

Don't get me wrong there will be times where we will get these. The problem is not really not having fun at times the problem is how long can you have fun at this rate when no pvp content is planned anytime soon or in the outlook which was posted last week. I feel and strongly believe Zenimax has pve prioritized vs pvp which is a lie from them when they said they dont view players as pve or pvp'ers but as players. Can you really play in these campaigns where everyday the imbalance gets worse day by day and see all these posts about all these imbalances and yet not hear a single word from Zenimax? In business I don't deal with that person thus I will cancel my subscription for now and not give them my business.
    Lucefer
    Options
  • Shadrail
    Shadrail
    Lucardes wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong there will be times where we will get these. The problem is not really not having fun at times the problem is how long can you have fun at this rate when no pvp content is planned anytime soon or in the outlook which was posted last week. I feel and strongly believe Zenimax has pve prioritized vs pvp which is a lie from them when they said they dont view players as pve or pvp'ers but as players. Can you really play in these campaigns where everyday the imbalance gets worse day by day and see all these posts about all these imbalances and yet not hear a single word from Zenimax? In business I don't deal with that person thus I will cancel my subscription for now and not give them my business.

I understand. It would be nice if they would at least acknowledge the issues. A good PR guy or anyone that can come out and say "Hey, we are aware there is a lot to do and these are things we plan to address, or not address." I really enjoy both aspects of the game (even as a Templar) right now so I will keep playing until it no longer interests me or after a long enough wait to know that nothing is going to be done.

PR moves aside, I really don't think they will let PVP go by the wayside but only time will tell.
    Options
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goldbrand seems to have some kind of a weekly balance.

One week EP takes the map... then leaves the campaign after a few days.
    Next week AD takes the map... then leaves the campaign after a few days.

DC seems to be pretty stable, and takes over when EP/AD decide to jump ship.

That is kind of balanced... a little.
    Options
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Auriel's Bow.
    Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
    Options
  • Lucardes
    Lucardes
    ✭✭✭
    Shadrail wrote: »
    Lucardes wrote: »

I understand. It would be nice if they would at least acknowledge the issues. A good PR guy or anyone that can come out and say "Hey, we are aware there is a lot to do and these are things we plan to address, or not address." I really enjoy both aspects of the game (even as a Templar) right now so I will keep playing until it no longer interests me or after a long enough wait to know that nothing is going to be done.

PR moves aside, I really don't think they will let PVP go by the wayside but only time will tell.

Agreed, as for me. My interest in any game is purely PvP, I will definitely will be watching the news and dev talks even after I cancel my sub (Already happened) and hopefully get's better. And you are right if a PR person came and at least acknowledge that they are at least working on fixing I would've kept my sub but because not even hearing anything I would have to assume the worst.

PR and communication these days is MUCH more important than in the past due to how news/issues are discussed at a much faster pace.
    Lucefer
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wabbajack.

Without a doubt.

There is a constant fight over Emperorship between EP and DC. It changes hands multiple times each week.

AD makes really good pushes, but usually fails to get Emp.

Its populated, fun, and balanced.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auriel's Bow.
    cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg

In all seriousness, Auriel's has AD at High/Full while DC and EP is at Low for easily 3/4s of the day. It's only balanced for a few hours a day during NA prime time. Most of the day it's not balanced at all.

Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 6, 2014 8:00PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    It's still the most balanced NA campaign. Wabba lost whatever credibility it had towards this title when its players and former emperors started coming to AB to find real fights last week.
    Edited by shirorxb14_ESO on May 6, 2014 8:06PM
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, "most balanced campaign" is like saying "most polite serial killer". And the end of the day, you're still getting killed.
    Wabbajack WAS a well balanced campaign until DC abandoned it en masse last week. A bit of competition showed up and they jumped ship. For a week or two we were having some EPIC battles all day long, now EP is siegeing empty keeps most of the day.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 6, 2014 8:14PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Right now, "most balanced campaign" is like saying "most polite serial killer". And the end of the day, you're still getting killed.

Still the most balanced NA campaign.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still the most balanced NA campaign.

Still horrendously unbalanced most of the day.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 6, 2014 8:17PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree that Auriel's Bow seems to be where all the NA action is. That said, I am an Oceanic player, and whenever I look all I see is 3 bars of yellow and 1 bar of blue and red. As an EP player, fighting 5 times my numbers does not sound all that appealing.
    Options
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    If all of these people looking for this mythical balanced campaign would just fill out the two populated ones it would fix itself.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lord_Draevan‌

You're wrong.

There was a zerg of about 200 DC last night that recaptured Emperor and took every keep on the map.

Today, EP is fighting to take it back.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest Bloodthorn. DC is the strong side and makes push every evening, but after that EP and AD take their lands back and make a push into DC. Lastnight EP was able to push into DC and get their scrolls back.

SO yes I would defenately suggest Bloodthorn NA I have non stop fun and action there every day.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    @Lord_Draevan‌

You're wrong.

There was a zerg of about 200 DC last night that recaptured Emperor and took every keep on the map.

Today, EP is fighting to take it back.

We've been holding the map most of the day for the past week. A single day of DC sucess doesn't mean much. If they do this every day, then I'll agree. So far this past week has been pretty one-sided for us.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 6, 2014 9:35PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest Bloodthorn. DC is the strong side and makes push every evening, but after that EP and AD take their lands back and make a push into DC. Lastnight EP was able to push into DC and get their scrolls back.

SO yes I would defenately suggest Bloodthorn NA I have non stop fun and action there every day.

Not to sound rude, but NA Bloodthorn has been my home server ever since early access. That's where my guild decided to go, you see. While it has balanced out a little over the last few days, I won't soon forget the weeks we suffered of having the whole map blue.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 6, 2014 9:39PM
    Options
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to sound rude, but NA Bloodthorn has been my home server ever since early access. That's where my guild decided to go, you see. While it has balanced out a little over the last few days, I won't soon forget the weeks we suffered of having the whole map blue.

Fair enough, my guild came over 2 weeks ago. While blue is usually controlling more than anyone else, I have only seen 2 occasions when they had every keep and that only lasted a few hours. generally from what I have seen Blue pushes every day but cant hold it once red and yellow both start taking their lands back (as thats how the 3way balance is suppose to work.) but now every day I see red pushing into blue lands now. lastnight red took back its Scrolls

Compared to some of the other campaigns we tried Bloodthorn is much more balanced. I wouldn't leave now that it seems to be better.....

Also keep will be harder to take in the next patch so that will probably lead to each side controlling their home lands better
    Options
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think until ZOS reduces the number of campaigns by at least 50% we are going to have the messy kind of situation we currently have.

Our solution is to just keep moving around. During the day Auriel's Bow works good for us with a target rich environment. In the evening when AB is a laggy mess and our side is stronger, we head over to Bloodthorn or Wabbajack, whichever one might give us the best action, and switch again when we need to.

If we really just want slaughter stacks of players without much of a challenge, we head over to dawnbreaker.

Obviously you lose out in being part of a campaign and community when you do this, but rather that than be bored and quit the game, imo.

Options
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Also keep will be harder to take in the next patch so that will probably lead to each side controlling their home lands better
    I'm not so sure on that last part. By all rights, it might just make it harder for the other two alliances to take their lands back from the dominant alliance. That's what I think will happen in the end. Still, I guess I should wait and see, I can't predict the future after all...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 6, 2014 10:11PM
    Options
  • Shadrail
    Shadrail

Bloodthorn is really nice now that the DC don't have their army of Vamps to depend on. We (EP) have just been waiting for the patch to fix the vamps which is why you saw the epic push last night for our scrolls. Can't wait to get home from work and fix whatever DC has managed to get while we aren't there
    Options
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just took a peak at Bloodthorn and DC has 296 potential points. EP has 75 and the AD have 28... I appreciate the suggestions, but Bloodthorn is simply not for me.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 7, 2014 12:52AM
    Options
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    I just took a peak at Bloodthorn and DC has 296 potential points. EP has 75 and the AD have 28... I appreciate the suggestions, but Bloodthorn is simply not for me.

Not balanced when I looked, must mean it never is...
    Options
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Infraction wrote: »

Not balanced when I looked, must mean it never is...
    I'm sorry, are you on the server? Have you been there since day 1 like me and my guild have? DC has been in constant control of this campaign, and the scoreboards prove that. If it was balanced, then I would not be looking for a balanced campaign to move to...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 7, 2014 12:52AM
    Options
  • Shadrail
    Shadrail
    So it turns out that after the DC got their beating they rallied DC from other servers yesterday and had population locked all day to take us out...so's life until their guests leave. Cant beat us without vamp so now they need triple our numbers
    Options