Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vampire - Elusive Mist IV speed bug or intended?

Anzaman
Anzaman
✭✭✭
Hi.

Before patch 1.0.7, my Elusive Mist granted 45% speed at rank I and 52% at rank IV. But now after the "great Vampire nerf" -patch, my Elusive Mist grants only 30% even at rank IV.

Did they remove the increased percentages from the skill as well in addition of reducing the base from 45% to 30%? Or is mine just bugged? :\
Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • fenweeneb18_ESO
    At rank 2 i get 26% if i remember right, so 30% for rank 4 soounds about right.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    At rank 2 i get 26% if i remember right, so 30% for rank 4 soounds about right.
    Hmm... I see. Guess they changed it before releasing or I misunderstood earlier.

Thanks for stating earlier rank speed tho.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my speedy mist :'(
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay

Vampire

- Fixed an issue with the ability Bat Swarm so it will no longer stack with itself. It will instead refresh if re-cast.

- Reduced the cost reduction per stage of vampire abilities.

- Reduced the movement speed bonus of the ability Mist Form.
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/91966/patch-notes-v1-0-7#latest
    Edited by KiroElmarok on May 6, 2014 6:43PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you @KiroElmarok.

It's just that, I read from Reddit that they were going to reduce the speed from 45% to 30% and since there wasn't any percentages in patch notes... I assumed that they still had same plans since stages got reduced to same numbers (7% per stage, 21% at stage 4).

And as my Elusive Mist USED to be 45% at rank I and 52% at rank IV. But it seems that the changed 30% wasn't rank I, but rank IV. As seen in @fenweeneb18_ESO reply.
  • Balor
    Balor
    Soul Shriven
    My 30% does not seem like 30% I can barley tell that Elusive Mist IV is even working. Also you can easily tell the 30% from the bow dodge speed boots but that is not the same as the mist speed from what I'm seeing in game. I seems to be doing at most 5% over base movement speed. Can anyone else test this out?
  • grabbintrionb14_ESO
    It is almost completely useless now. Not even as fast as sprinting. The only use is maybe to use the cc immunity and damage reduction to survive focus fire, but it prevents you from using other abilities or attacking, so I don't see this being used often.
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is almost completely useless now. Not even as fast as sprinting. The only use is maybe to use the cc immunity and damage reduction to survive focus fire, but it prevents you from using other abilities or attacking, so I don't see this being used often.

Yeah, it went from being a lifeline and one of the best moves around to literally one of the worst in the game. Sure you get 75% reduced damage, but until they fix the broken stages its gonna DESTROY your magicka bar. And the speed...omg, SO freaking slow. They should just rename Elusive Mist something totally different. It's hardly "elusive" anymore.

Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Elusive mist is currently bugged. no speed bonus is applied.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusive mist is currently bugged. no speed bonus is applied.
    That is not known for fact, since there is no in-game way to display actual movement speed.

From my observations and testing, Elusive Mist IV appears to be as "Fast" as sprinting, albeit without the stamina cost.
    There isnt much "Elusive" about it when compared to its original bonus.

• NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if Im wrong but I seem to recall mist form speed, stacking with concealed weapon. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"