Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Unarmed/Hand to Hand

Flareon
Flareon
Are there any plans for a Weapon Skill tree for Unarmed/Hand to Hand? I use my fists anyway, but I'd love for it to be recognized as it has been in previous TES games, namely Oblivion.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    its quite funny going to kill some npcs just using fist have tried it a few times
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it too and actually its not so bad since weapon skills suck atm anyway and all you need scales with magicka. Its a legit way to do quests, all you miss is stats from a weapon.

What made me stop playing it is wierd laggy unarmed animations when you hit something(when you punch in the air its fine).

I hope they will add some kind of handwraps weapon and unarmed skill line eventually. Id play for sure.
    Edited by Xarko on May 6, 2014 8:08AM
  • Flareon
    Flareon
    Xarko wrote: »
    What made me stop playing it is wierd laggy unarmed animations when you hit something(when you punch in the air its fine).

Ugh, I know right?

I'm attempting, unsuccessfully, to make a video. I'll post it here when I manage to figure it out...
  • Flareon
    Flareon
    Hah! I did it! Quality could be better, but still.

Behold the glory of hand to hand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPEjyr0KE8
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have aimed better. A punch to the balls would have probably one shot him.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet mother of Akatosh, yes. I want a valid unarmed combat style. Weapon slot stats may be compensated for with some sort of arm-wrap things, or something.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Monk would be perfect in this game. It'd be kind of like DnD, but instead of Ki you use magicka to power your punch skills. Turning your magicka inward to create flaming fists, a paralyzing punch with lightning, and using handwraps or something to be able to coat your fists with poison. Would be great with some alchemy synergy.
  • Flareon
    Flareon
    To be honest I'd prefer a more traditional approach, maybe will a little magic mixed in but for the most part purely martial arts, and to be a weapon skill rather than a class.
    I don't think a class that's designed purely for a specific weapon in mind would fit too well in ESO - sure all our current classes have the typical weapon they'd use but you can generally use whatever you want and be effective.
    My vision of an unarmed skill is basically like a flashy martial artist, dealing heavy blows to weak spots in quick succession, and using their entire body - not just the fists.
    Something like an attack speed buff, a CC skill, maybe a fancy roundhouse kick as well as unarmed damage actually scaling would be amazing.