The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Golden Gargoyle (VR3)

R0M2K
R0M2K
✭✭✭✭
Hi.

Im a DW NB struggling through VR content that just reached a point in a quest where to advance i need first to defeat a Golden Gargoyle.

Have died like 20 times in a row trying to get the damm Gargoyle down but i dont seem to make it even with Ulti up.

It seems inmune to stun, snare and also inmune to vampiric drain.

Have all skills maxed and tryed different skill combinations without results.

Wear VR3 blue sets enchanted with a mix of Mag/Sta and my stats are 0/49/0.

Dont have bow.

Any help/advice/strategy would be much apreciated, im blocked and cant progress in the game without defeating that damm mob :(
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avoid aoes, block attacks even the normal ones, use siphon strikes and siphon health, potions, preferably player made with three stats, sta/health/magicka.
    The trick to these seemingly impossible solo fights is not to dis out dps, its to stay alive, so not waste resources on dealing damage but preserve them to mitigate.
    I have passed every solo fight, just by resource control instead of going all out like you are used to for normal quests.
    With NB it should be fairly easy they strongest solo class.
  • _Proteus_
    _Proteus_
    ✭✭
    NB as the strongest solo class? That must be the funniest thing I've seen on here considering that DKs have been soloing veteran dungeons and Craglorn delves.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Proteus_ wrote: »
    NB as the strongest solo class? That must be the funniest thing I've seen on here considering that DKs have been soloing veteran dungeons and Craglorn delves.

Well i solo public dungeons and solod most vet content aswell with my NB. Only vet 4 close to 5, but still havent met anything i couldnt handle alone, even solod worldbosses.
    Might be that dks are better, havent made one past 50 content, thats on the to do list :)
    But as of now, NBs are pretty strong. Even with a half bugged out skillbar.

Oh and im not usual dw/bow NB.

Edited by Bhakura on May 6, 2014 8:34AM
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the thing is that type of monster is a pain, hits hard and can not be stunned or snared so i end out of stamina :/

• bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    For solo mobs, get a bow and level up magnum shot.
    Easiest way to solo world bosses that can be knocked back.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Well the thing is that type of monster is a pain, hits hard and can not be stunned or snared so i end out of stamina :/
    if stamina is your problem, find an alchemist or train it yourself, Nbs have this spiffy passive, 20% potion effectivness, use it.
    I did same passed vet, trained alchemist, took me 2 days playtime to get it to 50 and crafting 3 stat potions + alchemy passives gives increased duration, you wont be running out of stamina so fast anymore :)
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the gargoyle that spawns at the door of a room after you enter it (part of some quest where you follow and NPC mage up into some tower) ??

That gargoyle is a PITA...I died twice to him then realized you are not supposed to go toe to toe with him...make him chase you and run buy the 3 or 4 statues that or in the room (IIRC they are projecting beam of light that holds open a portal or something)...

Get him to chase you and run behind a statue, he'll run into it and it destroys the statue AND takes a good chunk out of his health, rinse repeat...

Once you have gotten him to run into all the statues he should be much easier to take out.

GL n HF!
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zakua‌ Yes!! That one... But too late lol, changed build and blocked all attacks and after dieying a couple of times i took down 3 gargoyles.

...the hard way
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    With NB it should be fairly easy they strongest "siphoning" class.
    There fixed it for you.
    Because that's the only skill tree that works for NB.. most of the time.
    Edited by awkwarrd on May 7, 2014 7:48AM
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    With NB it should be fairly easy they strongest "siphoning" class.
    There fixed it for you.
    Because that's the only skill tree that works for NB.. most of the time.

Dont have to ask how strong they will get if everything is working as it should be :D
    Already see the tons of cry threads in pvp section of this forum after fix patch for NB, "nerf nb please!"
    Edited by Bhakura on May 7, 2014 7:50AM
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    Dont have to ask how strong they will get if everything is working as it should be :D
    Already see the tons of cry threads in pvp section of this forum after fix patch for NB, "nerf nb please!"
    It looks like NB was stealth nerfed after the recent maintenance.

Some abilities were tweaked, i have been confirming this with a bunch of people.
    And nothing in the Patch notes about this stuff.

Pretty lame imo.
    Especially when you can see a 250-300 damage reduction to some of the abilities, and some increased delays to others.