Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Patch 1.0.7. and the Mist nerf

One Two
One Two
✭✭
I don't quite understand why the speed boost nerf was implemented.

A Vampire is a "Night Hunter" so we use MIST FORM to catch up to our prey, such as BOLT ESCAPE SPAMMING MAGES.
We suffer a -50% FR, -25% if you choose to give up one jewelry slot.
We take heavy damage from Fighters Guild abilities.
Vampire Stages are bugged (all of them) in terms of:

i) if you change zone, you are reset to stage 1 boons to your abilities but remain at what ever stage you was before the zone change in terms of tool tip and - Health regeneration.
ii) At Random times it resets to stage 1 boons in terms of passives
etc.

So the negatives are as follows:
The Negatives(Cons):
-50% to -25% Fire resist.
Heavy damage from Fighters Guild Passives + SKILLS (passives...they are always present)
-25% to -75% Decreased Health Regeneration (however, if the vampire stage buggs the HP regeneration doesn't)
Vampire Stages are bugged
Feeding is useless, 1st passive in the list of the skills is useless.

So now, we can't catch up to bolting mages
(we are much slower even with assault, so we are no longer a sub hunter class)
Now we have the same speed as the sorcerers lighting speed buff ability, on top of the sorcerer having bolt escape which can be spammed.

Why is this a good idea?
so many negatives over so few positive qualities.

This is off topic but the least played class is the NB, the most played class is the sorcerer, the new adventure zone caters to sorcerers even more than ever with the introduction of the timer limit to get bonus loot.

So sorcerers will always be the dominant Class because you have designed them to be the best in most aspects but tanking.
PvP and PvE.

With the up coming buff to NBs...the way things are going, it will remain the least played class.
Edited by One Two on May 6, 2014 6:28AM
Two tears in a Mother!@$&ing Bucket, !@$& it.
- CT Fletcher
  • TalonVector
    TalonVector
    ✭✭
    Not entirely true mage is a good tank, and for that matter I think the 2nd best tank in the game.
  • One Two
    One Two
    ✭✭
    I guess i was a little hasty in my judgment that the Mage was not a desired tank.

forgot to add that bat swarm can cost 88 Ultimate still...What an awesome update, thoroughly tested.
    - CT Fletcher
  • Manofmisery
    If you really are complaining about vamp try werewolf and praise the gods vamp is where it is now.
  • One Two
    One Two
    ✭✭
    I did try WW before i even went for a vamp...why? because a WW spawned.
    So you don't mind the fact that Bat swarm is just 40 ultimate more than b4 the patch, but every other skill in the vampire line is gimped to the point where only drain is THE ONLY useful skill?

:/ i personally think its one of the worst updates zenimax have released so far, and its also a longer downtime than the US mega server had on top of that. (3 hrs compared to our 4+ en counting)

now don't get me wrong, i am not rushing to get cured of vampirism, even though it is bugged beyond measure, and nerfed down to the ground, it isn't AS good as it was, but i am still holding my ground as a vampire, even though we have been dwarfed, all the negatives, none of the positives.
    - CT Fletcher
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's a good change.. now you have to use it mindfully instead of spam fest and near invulnerability
  • One Two
    One Two
    ✭✭
    Phoenix99 wrote: »
    No, it's a good change.. now you have to use it mindfully instead of spam fest and near invulnerability

Are you just misinformed or what?
    It still has the -75% damage reduction. Just no speed to it.
    And bat swarm can still be spammed like there is no tomorrow.

The only thing they changed: No offensive capabilities, that's it.
    You are still going to have mages spam Bat Swarm and bolt away when things get tough, but no one can catch up to them anymore.

So no, it is not a good change.
    Edited by One Two on May 6, 2014 9:01AM
    - CT Fletcher