The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

any difference (other than visual) between daggers and axes, swords, ets??

AreoHotah
AreoHotah
✭✭✭✭
Is there any reason why one should choose a type of 1h wepon over another 1h weapon? Like daggers, do they have higher attack speeed?
Edited by AreoHotah on May 6, 2014 4:51AM
Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Raistin1
    Raistin1
    As far as I know, no. Choose which one you use based on looks and what is available.
    Check out ESO Guide Central for great guides, tips, and info!
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think until you hit the highest level passive, and then each type has a different extra ability like bleed damage, or critical chance, or..I forgot the rest.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't the speed different? Staff and 2 hand are a lot slower than sword which is a bit slower than daggers or am I wrong?
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only difference is in passives of weapon types, as long you dont have those it doesnt matter what you equip, take what you like.
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Daggers attack faster if I am not wrong. But the range is surely smaller compared to sword. That I am sure.
    Edited by sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO on May 6, 2014 9:38AM
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think until you hit the highest level passive, and then each type has a different extra ability like bleed damage, or critical chance, or..I forgot the rest.

well those parts are feats, and if you make your own weapons you can pick and chose whichever one of those to put on whatever weapon you want ^^
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    If you step up to the crafting table you can see that they all do exactly the same damage. There is no 1H weapon that is "faster but smaller damage range" like in other games.
    Creepsley wrote: »

well those parts are feats, and if you make your own weapons you can pick and chose whichever one of those to put on whatever weapon you want ^^

No, that is the last DW passive.
    Edited by Svann on May 6, 2014 10:30PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creepsley wrote: »

He's not talking about traits. He's talking about passive skills like the last passive in the dual-wield tree that grant bonuses to specific weapon types.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    oh had not noticed that one. thanks for that hehe