The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daedric Princes at War

Sorcrater
Sorcrater
✭✭
So this question is purely for entertainment. Let's say that all the Daedric Princes suddenly go to war with each other. All of Tamriel is affected by the massive battling of Daedra and cultists. Even the princes themselves get involved. It is evident that you must choose a side or be destroyed in the crossfire. Which Daedric Prince do you choose and why?
Edited by Sorcrater on May 6, 2014 2:06AM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're already in a cold war with one another. I take it you mean into a hot war with Nirn as the battleground?

Of the sixteen, only two are worth taking side with: Azura and Meridia. They're the friendliest towards mortals. The others will happily turn mortals who follow them into ... well, you really don't want to know their 'rewards' once they're dead. Of the fourteen remaining, Hircine is about the best for that outcome, if you like being turned into a hunting hound for eternity.
  • SilvaRavenheart
    Azure and Meridia for sure. Also Hermaeus Mora, being a sorceress of hidden knowledge, this Prince is important to me.
    I am the flame which lights the way. I am wisdom attained and knowledge sought.
    By my power the darkness is burned. My will the tides are turned. Arcane might is my weapon. Elemental fury, my shield. Know me as The Sorceress. And fear the name,
    Ravenheart
    !
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azure and Meridia for sure. Also Hermaeus Mora, being a sorceress of hidden knowledge, this Prince is important to me.

No, not Hermaeus Mora, I still remember him killing Septimus Signus in Skyrim when you unlocked the Dwemer lock and got his Oghma Infinium, just because Septimus was of less use than me.

Azura or Meridia are the best two options as they care for their followers.
    If you're an Orc then Malacath might be a decent option.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignoring the obvious "good guy" options, I'd go with Mephala the Webspinner. I'd want to see all the machinations and schemes and connections. Like standing in the eye of a storm. Maybe. Or probably I'd just be a puppet to a daedra with an easy-on-the-ears voice.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝