Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Suggestion: Emperorship and WW/Vamp

Rm4g3dD0v
Rm4g3dD0v
✭✭
As everyone knows being Emperor and vamp is too OP. Emperor vamp can succesfully tank and kill dozens of other players at the same time. We also know that the new patch is not going to address this problem effectively enough.
Therefore:
How about having a special requirement in order to become Emperor?

Fluffwise as we all know, the Emperor is a person who is blessed my the nine Divines and especially Akatosh. It would be out of character and incosistent to fluff to have an emperor who is a Vampire or a Werewolf, since vampirism is shunned by all the nine divines (especially Arkay and Akatosh), and lycanthropy is a daedric curse (hircine's).
Therefore, wouldn't being unable to become and remain Emperor while having lycanthropy or Vampirism (unless they find a cure ofc), be more consistent to the fluff and at the same time more fair to other players?

I 'd like to hear serious opinions about this please, not just Vamp/WW fanboy moaning or "OP denial" malarkey.
Thank you,
Edited by Rm4g3dD0v on May 6, 2014 1:26AM
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, evil people are in charge, Mortal.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    True, but Akatosh won't give his blessing to someone as such to become emperor. A count or a lord is a different case. As we 've seen in Oblivion, Count Skingrad is actually a 200+ y/o vampire. But in order to become Count of whatever Cyrodillic city, you don't need Akatosh's blessing.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who said the Emperor has to be blessed by the Divines?

In ESO, it's the person who kicks the most butt (or gets help kicking the most butt). There's no claim to Divinity or a link to the Bloodline of Alessia.

However, given how reviled vampires and werewolves are, that's a quick way to invite a mass uprising for your demise.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on May 6, 2014 1:54AM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone doesn't know much of Elder Scrolls lore. There were many Emporers, kings & Queens, Jarls, and whatever that were vampires or lycans. Also this request to restrict lycans and vampires is sort of against the ESO motto which is "Play the way you like''
  • Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Looks like someone doesn't know much of Elder Scrolls lore. There were many Emporers, kings & Queens, Jarls, and whatever that were vampires or lycans. Also this request to restrict lycans and vampires is sort of against the ESO motto which is "Play the way you like''

Concerning the kings of the Tamrielic provinces (SS isles, Elseweyr, Black Marsh, Daggerfall, Hammerfell, Skyrim, Morrowind etc) some might be allowed to be Vamps or wolves, none said the opposite.
    Also concerning Counts of Crodillic cities as I said, there is a high possibility that none of them are restricted either.
    However, here we are talking ABOUT THE GODSDARN EMPEROR. Learn to friggin read!

Anyway, from what I remember from the game's lore in order to become emperor you have to wear the amulet of kings. And only those blesed from Akatosh can wear the amulet of kings and therefore become emperor. So I think that fluffwise it's accurate. If there have been emperors that were WW or Vamps please state some.
    Also if this is against the ESO motto "Play the way you like'', why can't I play with both Vampire AND werewolf skill lines? Isn't that, in the same manner, against the motto too?
    However, given how reviled vampires and werewolves are, that's a quick way to invite a mass uprising for your demise.
    Sure! Every time you remove a mistakenly-put win-button from a game, there will definatelly be a lot of b1tchin. So fracking what?
    Edited by Rm4g3dD0v on May 6, 2014 10:36AM
  • thywolfb16_ESO2
    odd, I thought the emperor sat on a throne that was like a machine and devoured souls to stay alive...oh wait that's 40k, but still just as relivent to PvP emperorship as the Lore fluff.

I don't recall the emperor having to go through quests to be blessed by the EIGHT divines, sorry, this timeline predates the 9th divine. Dat fluff.

They doesn't each alliance have it's own king/queen/wannabe emperor, why do players even get to become it in the firstplace, your just a soulless prisoner when the game starts, and you never start down the path to become the emperor.

As for reasons why you suddenly become the 'emperor' you just become an avatar of whatever deity, dedra or divine, and are rewarded the emperor's armor for your spoils in combat. Boom. You're a bad ass, and since you have the Emperor's armor you get the nickname emperor.

• Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    sorry, this timeline predates the 9th divine. Dat fluff.
    Akatosh IS the 9th Divine. And from the time he is established as leader of the pantheon, in order to become emperor you have to wear the amulet of kings.

Now I clearly remember King Varren (the prophet) calling upon Akatosh in Coldharbour (to have MolagBal's will denied), once in the tutorial quest and once near the storyline quest's end. Therefore dis timeline has to be AFTER Akatosh's establishment.

And here's some proof:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8MxtSmc7fdg#t=1521
    Edited by Rm4g3dD0v on May 6, 2014 10:49AM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rm4g3dD0v wrote: »

Concerning the kings of the Tamrielic provinces (SS isles, Elseweyr, Black Marsh, Daggerfall, Hammerfell, Skyrim, Morrowind etc) some might be allowed to be Vamps or wolves, none said the opposite.
    Also concerning Counts of Crodillic cities as I said, there is a high possibility that none of them are restricted either.
    However, here we are talking ABOUT THE GODSDARN EMPEROR. Learn to friggin read!

Anyway, from what I remember from the game's lore in order to become emperor you have to wear the amulet of kings. And only those blesed from Akatosh can wear the amulet of kings and therefore become emperor. So I think that fluffwise it's accurate. If there have been emperors that were WW or Vamps please state some.
    Also if this is against the ESO motto "Play the way you like'', why can't I play with both Vampire AND werewolf skill lines? Isn't that, in the same manner, against the motto too?
    Sure! Every time you remove a mistakenly-put win-button from a game, there will definatelly be a lot of b1tchin. So fracking what?
    Don't be negative, if you want to be taken seriously. You won't persuade anyone by insulting them.

You want to restrict werewolves or vampires from ever becoming emporer, that is just unfair. If I want to be a werewolf and an emporer than I should be able to.
  • Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    You want to restrict werewolves or vampires from ever becoming emporer, that is just unfair.

(okay, politely this time) Please read more carefully:
    being unable to become and remain Emperor while having lycanthropy or Vampirism (unless they find a cure ofc)

This means that someone who is WW or Vamp has to seek a cure before becoming emperor. It does not ban players from EVER becoming emperor because they chose to be vamps or WWs.

Claiming it's unfair, why is it not unfair to be at the same time both Vampire AND Werewolf (cause that might be the way someone wants to play)?

Personally I want to play a dragonborn but, hey! I can't!
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    You want to restrict werewolves or vampires from ever becoming emporer, that is just unfair.

(okay, politely this time) Please read more carefully:
    being unable to become and remain Emperor while having lycanthropy or Vampirism (unless they find a cure ofc)

This means that someone who is WW or Vamp has to seek a cure before becoming emperor. It does not ban players from EVER becoming emperor because they chose to be vamps or WWs.

Claiming it's unfair, why is it not unfair to be at the same time both Vampire AND Werewolf (cause that might be the way someone wants to play)?

Personally I want to play a dragonborn but, hey! I can't!

I am not a scholar of the lore, but I like this idea.

I think it is overpowered to be emperor and vampire, so to make people choose would be intriguing. Maybe not "cured," instead they can choose to be emperor without the vampire abilities (and once they lose the emperor status, they get it back).
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering vampire/werewolf are as close to being a race as it gets (in lore you cant just go pay 500g and get it cured)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHjfC780Mm4
    I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akatosh isn't the 9th Divine, he's the 1st. Talos is the 9th after he ascends to Divinity from mortality and Talos hasn't been born yet hence only 8 Divines in this timeline.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEXT
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    Akatosh isn't the 9th Divine, he's the 1st. Talos is the 9th after he ascends to Divinity from mortality and Talos hasn't been born yet hence only 8 Divines in this timeline.
    Allright, however:
    Still, doesnt the emperor have to wear the amulet of kings?
    Doesn't one who wants to wear the amulet of kings have to be blessed by akatosh (not talos)?
    Isn't that the reason Varen failed to become Emperor resulting into Manimarco becoming Molag Bal's major playa?
    Edited by Rm4g3dD0v on May 13, 2014 11:15AM
  • DrowsDestiny_ESO
    DrowsDestiny_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If you read the lore the point of the Emperor having the Amulet of King's is to light the dragon fires and fulfill the pact between Alessia and Akatosh thus continuing to protect Nirn from invasions from Oblivion. This said there have been plenty of Emperors (generally are considered to be false emperors) who are not of the blood of Alessia and therefore cannot light the dragon fires. Varen Aquilaris is one of these Emperors. The entire story of this game starts because he tries to make himself dragonborne and become a "Legitimate" Emperor. However he was still Emperor before this and so were the people he kicked out who were also not the blood of Alessia. So there is plenty of lore where the Emperor of Tamriel is not the blood of Alessia and cannot light the dragonfires.

So in the end there is absolutely nothing stopping people who are Vampire or Werewolf from taking the throne, it just would absolutely prevent them (unless some how they were one of Alessia's decendants) from lighting the dragonfires receiving Akatosh's blessing and keeping Nirn protected from Oblivion. And if well they could then the whole bit about Molag Bal trying to take over Nirn would be over pretty darn quickly. Therefore it actually makes way more sense from a game mechanic standpoint to allow "false" Emperors to ascend the throne over and over again.
    Edited by DrowsDestiny_ESO on May 14, 2014 9:12PM
  • Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    Finally, this is the first humane post. No trolling, no kid behaviour, stating facts and actually making a good point... I have to say, I'm quite surprised!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, this timeline predates the 9th divine. Dat fluff.
    Akatosh IS the 9th Divine. And from the time he is established as leader of the pantheon, in order to become emperor you have to wear the amulet of kings.

Now I clearly remember King Varren (the prophet) calling upon Akatosh in Coldharbour (to have MolagBal's will denied), once in the tutorial quest and once near the storyline quest's end. Therefore dis timeline has to be AFTER Akatosh's establishment.

And here's some proof:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8MxtSmc7fdg#t=1521

Actually no, the Ninth is Tiber Septim (Talos) who isn't alive yet. He takes over presumably after this era of Shriven War Online happens.
    Maybe he is the Final Emperor. As for being blessed by Akatosh, what do you think the Skyshards are? Just a thought.

I do think it would be hard for an Emperor to retain power if the populace found out that he's a vampire. Then again wasn't the Akavari Versidue a Tsaesci which apparently was a form of snake-vampire? In this regard I'm not entirely certain since the lore gets blurred on the Akaviri. Given the descriptions though, Versidue did have the body of a snake, but who is to say this wasn't simply a very advanced Akaviri Dragon knight magical power. Who knows, its too distant in the past for certainty.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • DrowsDestiny_ESO
    DrowsDestiny_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Finally, this is the first humane post. No trolling, no kid behaviour, stating facts and actually making a good point... I have to say, I'm quite surprised!

I generally try not to antagonize people on stuff like this. Just dont see the point really.