The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Aelif buggy (fight) *spoiler*

svgh29eb17_ESO
At the end of one of the quest lines for the Fighter's Guild, you have to fight Aelif (if you chose that path). Well her fight is ridiculously buggy. Half the time my spells wouldn't hit her, like she was in a buggy location or something. I eventually logged out in frustration, she kept killing me in a few hits, and my ulti wasn't up and no way of getting it up since no mobs alive. Then came back later and did the dungeon again, this time I had Storm Atronauch up and it tanked her for me (the damn NPC that's supposed to help me just stands there and is useless). So I killed her this time, but I noticed half my spells still bugging out and not hitting her, I had to spam mage's wrath like 10 times to get her down due to this bug.
Edited by svgh29eb17_ESO on May 5, 2014 11:04PM
  • svgh29eb17_ESO
    Great, now I alt-tab back into the game while in Earth Forge and need to talk to Jofnir to finish the quest, and clicking on the final dialogue doesn't work. Nothing happens. Tried going out of the conversation and back in, still doesn't work. Wtf is up with this buggy quest. EDIT: Actually, my mouse clicks no longer works. My mouse works, but clicking doens't bring forth my weapons or finish dialogues or do anything. That looks like a bug in the game engine.
    Edited by svgh29eb17_ESO on May 5, 2014 11:08PM
  • Pairaka
    Pairaka
    I'm having the same trouble. She nearly insta-kills me if I stand still, and Merric doesn't start fighting her until I'm dead... at which point she resets back to full health. Extremely frustrating seeing as how I actually managed to kill the three mini-bosses (mostly without Merric's help, I might add), to not be able to even touch her. Maybe in a couple levels...
  • elvigy01
    elvigy01
    ✭✭
    This quest bugged out on me, too. I killed Aelif and then the quest updated to..."Kill Aelif". Yeah, um, there she is. She's dead. See, right there. Dead.

Nothing for it but to abandon and restart. I haven't done it yet since killing that harvester was a pain the first time.
    Edited by elvigy01 on May 6, 2014 10:34PM