Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Addons folder in windows 8.1

rogerugland
rogerugland
Soul Shriven
I have a windows 8.1 64 bits. i can't seem to find the Elder scrolls online folder in user, username. Therefor i can't find the addons folder. Anyone knows where it is or what i can do?

Best Answer

• Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rogerugland‌

Instead of trying to navigate to it via the root directory in win 8.1 try this:
    Open 'This PC' You may see the tool tip read file explorer
    Open Documents
    Open Elder Scrolls Online
    Open Live
    Open or create AddOns in this folder.

Drop any add on folders directly into this AddOns folder for it to work for you. I hope that helps.

The full path reads like this Drive letter: Users/username/documents/elder scrolls online/live/addons. Of course substituting the drive letter where your documents are stored and using the account name you sign in under for windows as your username being sure to truncate(*delete) any spaces that you may have in that account name.

I know the path formatting is slightly different for earlier versions of windows which is where you've probably run into difficulty. Also be aware that if you're running more then one hard drive or multiple partitions with discrete drive letters you may have to do a bit of searching to find where the installation put your files.

Sometimes programs will create an entire pathway on it's own if none existed on the installation drive, if windows failed to properly define the pathway, or if the end user redefined the pathway to a custom location. In this case locate the search bar to the right of your drive path near the top of your "this PC" window, just under the tools ribbon. Type in the word live and hit enter. This search will probably take several minutes to complete just allow it to run it's course. Once it's completed in the listed results should be a folder titled live, open that folder by double clicking on it. You will see many results here so be patient and let the search run it's course. Skip any that just include the live but have other data in their titles. You may also see multiple results that only say live. Choose the one with a pathway underneath it that reads something like C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online. Or something that you recognize as 'oh yeah now i remember where I put those document files' Just be aware that it will not be the one that reads E:\program data\elder scrolls online, that's where the game is installed and as such should not be altered.

Open up that folder and either open the Addons folder that's already there, or create it if it's missing.

Again I hope this helps you out, good luck!
    Edited by Corithna on May 6, 2014 6:50AM
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
    Answer ✓
  • Maddjuju
    Maddjuju
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it's Users, username, Documents, Elder Scrolls Online
  • rogerugland
    rogerugland
    Soul Shriven
    It's not there for me. i have searched for ever
  • universe555
    universe555
    ✭✭
    Do a search in C: for Zenimax
  • Maddjuju
    Maddjuju
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought of another way to maybe find it since a search for 'Zenimax' might only bring back the game folder, not the documents one. When in game, hit the Print Screen key and in the upper right, it should say where it saved the screenshot. That should be the same place where your addons should be.
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Maddjuju wrote: »
    I just thought of another way to maybe find it since a search for 'Zenimax' might only bring back the game folder, not the documents one. When in game, hit the Print Screen key and in the upper right, it should say where it saved the screenshot. That should be the same place where your addons should be.
    This is the suggestion we often make as well, if someone is having a problem finding their folder. :)
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI