Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Quest: Freedom's Chains, makes no sense as a Werewolf

Rodimusprimus
Rodimusprimus
Soul Shriven
As a werewolf this quest line seems to be completely odd. There isn't any point where you can stand up as a Werewolf, you just have to keep pretending you don't know anything about werewolves, then you have to potentially kill some of your brethren. I feel that as a werewolf this quest would play out completely differently.
  • Rodimusprimus
    Rodimusprimus
    Soul Shriven
    kinda of a "Lord Hercine would not see his pups kept as chained dogs." Type of response from the WW player.
    Options
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    Remember, it was originally made for lowbie DC players who didnt have the oppurtunity to go werewolf(unless they payed like 10k+ to other players). It is an unfortunate side effect of the 50+ and 50++ content.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember, it was originally made for lowbie DC players who didnt have the oppurtunity to go werewolf(unless they payed like 10k+ to other players). It is an unfortunate side effect of the 50+ and 50++ content.

Which once again shows how the veteran zones should have had their own storylines rather than reusing the low-level content.
    The same issues arise with the constant "Only you can do this, as your soul is trapped elsewhere" quests. It really detracts from playing through the veteran zones (aside from other issues such not wanting to spoil the zones in case you play alts and the weird balancing on some storyline bosses in veteran zones).

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Carnagan
      Carnagan
      ✭✭✭
      Huh... That's weird. I've been going through the Veteran stuff and I HAVE had reactions to past things. For example, I was able to talk about my lycanthropy at the mid-zone (Grahtwood?) in the Aldmeri dominion during one quest. Meanwhile, in another quest earlier in the dominion, I actually got to tell a daedra about my encounter with Molag Bal.

And there are quests in Bangkorai where I have had comments that differ because of lycanthropy.

Could just be an oversight. Could be a bug. Could be something that only happens in Veteran zones. Send calm and constructive feedback about it to Zenimax.
      "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
      Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
      Options
    • Sigourney_Frost
      I want to thank whomever wrote this quest line. As a gay man, I related to it and sympathized with the characters.

To the OP, I understand what you mean. I am a Vampire and I am not seeing any reflection from the NPCS. I.E. Doing the Wyresses's quest. I would think they would repel me regardless. lol
      Options
    • Neutronium_Dragon
      Neutronium_Dragon
      ✭✭✭

This quest takes place in the Bangkorai zone, which where werewolves spawn and the werewolf altar is located for the DC, so it's entirely possible for a non-veteran DC character to be a werewolf from 'intended' means by the time they find this quest.
      Options