The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Don't you just love when...

ZiRM
ZiRM
✭✭✭✭✭
the enemy shoots you through walls, cave walls etc. OR those stupid lil knife, throwing star things the enemy has when you get to far away from them. The stupidest game programming ever.
Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the OP didn't put it too eloquently,

It would be nice if certain abilities had a chance to "miss" depending on your distance from the enemy.
    For example, dodge rolling should give a % chance for an airborne attack to miss.
    Why? Because, you rolled out of the way!
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eloquently LOL, get over yourself.
    lazy programming is when your out of the line of sight of the enemy and you keep getting shot through walls etc.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking much?

Also, you can do the same thing to them. Get a softlock and watch your projectiles go through solid rock.
    ;-)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Also, you can do the same thing to them. Get a softlock and watch your projectiles go through solid rock.
    ;-)
    And..? That doesn't make it right. It actually makes it even more pathetic.

• Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭
    Its good old LOS (line of sight) issues . DAoC had this sort of thing for years as do many games still.
    Start casting bow , no matter where the enemy moves to as long as your cursor was briefly over the enemy during start of cast, the arrow will hit. Same for spells.

Its not pathetic just the way it is in many online games and mmos. People used to consoles and single player games dont get it because the npc isnt on another drive computer state country continent.

Not like these things hurt much, just kill them and stop being a wuss :p
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Smart projectiles' help combat issues with lag and processing differences...

You'd find it even more odd and annoying when the star flew by 10 feet to the left and you still got 'hit.'

Similar circumstances happen when grouped...my view/timing is different that that of my group mate (we know this because we voice chat)...

I would like to see certain things be a bit more precise, at least in regard to in-battle or in group.

I can justify the spells (they're arcane, after all). I do agree, however, that those bandits have a hell of arm when they can adjust the projectile in flight to hit you when you strafe left and then roll-dodge right.

You'll reach a point where you almost don't even bother trying to get out of the way anymore...They seem to be less deadly at later levels. I just hate that I constantly have to buy new shirts!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS