Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They should add cloaks!

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Romo wrote: »
    No. Just no.

Could not have said it better. No worries. It is not happening, at least not anytime soon

Right, it's not happening. Along with nothing else happening. A lot of not happening here.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have the deer and torch bugs back in Cyrodiil.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloaks could be awesome :smile: combine it with a good hood and you have a love rogue base :smiley:
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seaclean wrote: »
    First of all: I have NO idea where to put this suggestion thread, as they seem to have no suggestion forums...

Secondly: Cloaks! They look bloody awesome (and perhaps even more so with the engine ESO runs on), and it's adding another item slot to the character tab, so why not?

What's your opinion on this? Sound off, since they claim to listen to ALL the feedback. :) If enough people support this idea, they may implement it in the future!

They need to have cloaks, whether cosmetic or functional, and we should be able to put guild emblems on them and our shields. Add in optional overhead nameplates that can show a guild you choose to represent and your character's title (such as "Explorer" currently or "Corporal") and we have something good here ;).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs have stated Several times that they are not bringing cloaks or capes into the game.

/thread
    Edited by JD2013 on June 2, 2015 10:33PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Sinbaar
    Sinbaar
    ✭✭✭✭
    they really should bring them. bring them! :open_mouth:
    Mitgründer der Allianz Bosriel!
    <<<Herolde des Friedens Kriegsherr>>>
    <<<RONIN>>>
  • purplederpy
    purplederpy
    ✭✭✭
    Okay but consider this.

no cloak
    xTn0eor.jpg

wif cloak
    7Ujv4Eq.jpg

(excuse the poor lighting) My Skyrim character's badassitude level raised by a full 420.69% with just a cloak on his back. Lightning struck as I took the screen shot.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it comes at even the smallest unnoticeable fraction of a second cost in lag...I hope they never add them.

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 2, 2015 11:07PM
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have never been cloaks in Elder Scrolls and there never will be. EVER!

I agree with only part of this. NPCs in previous Elder Scrolls games have worn cloaks and Skyrim mods have proven how much more immersive and cool cloaks can make things feel. So I think cloaks should be added, yeah.

12092-5-1358631601.jpg

• purplederpy
    purplederpy
    ✭✭✭
    But look how cool they looked in the old gameplay video from 2012!
    x8vazL2.png
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    Ive always entertained the idea of cloaks with degrading visuals.

For instance, the longer you wear them the more wear and tear appears on them.

And then the devs can introduce a "tailor" to the game that patches up your cloak for you..
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it comes at even the smallest unnoticeable fraction of a second cost in lag...I hope they never add them.

That's what graphics options are for in the settings panel. Cloaks usually are toggleable as to whether you see ones others are wearing or not because of performance reasons for people with lower spec PC's.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what graphics options are for in the settings panel. Cloaks usually are toggleable as to whether you see ones others are wearing or not because of performance reasons for people with lower spec PC's.

Usually being the key word. This is ESO and we have been begging for toggles on shoulders and hip flaps since the gate opened. Some of us would like to toggle off junk pets too. But ZOS is determined to make us see the useless/ugly and worry about if torchbugs are creating lag :/ I have no faith they would come with a toggle if they did come.

My only other experience is with LOTRO where lag in raids was made better simply by everyone turning off their capes.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they can figure out a good way to implement them I'd be all for it... as I've said.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • purplederpy
    purplederpy
    ✭✭✭
    They could sell special cloaks on the crown store! A Mage's Guild cloak, a Fighter's Guild cloak, a Thieve's Guild cloak, Undaunted, Dark Brotherhood, one for each faction! Alternatively, there would just be basic, plain cloaks with random designs on them added to the loot table. And if you go to a dye station you could put your own crest/sigil on it like you do with guild tabards! Guild cloaks! The possibilities are endless!
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt we will see them anytime soon, they are already having enough performance issues.
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah. there go my hopes of a superman costume and cape.

lol
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• elitekaosb16_ESO
    IF this ever becomes a thing, they must include a way for a player to hide EVERYONES cloak as well as their own. I personally do not want to see your cloak... In fact I already hate your cloak with a passion, it looks like a troll has used it as toilet paper and smells that way too. :smiley:
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also there where never tiger mounts in previous TES games and neither where there groupdungeons.

What's the matter with cloaks. I think it's a great idea. Better then a frozen horse.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO

there was cloaks ! they removed them because of graphical problems
    Meh!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But look how cool they looked in the old gameplay video from 2012!
    x8vazL2.png

I don't think that looks cool at all. Sorry.

And before they waste any development resources on cloaks, can I have a new zone or three?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Proud_Savior
    Proud_Savior
    Soul Shriven
    Definitelly add cloaks , capes, and packs... you can be a REAL adventurer, isnt that what rpg's are about???!!!
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloaks ALWAYS render poorly when on mounts. They look like garbage. Bad idea. Hopefully it will never happen. I'm confident it wont.
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Also, do me a favor and:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuONuafxwk

The only people who will want this are rogues.

Also, as several people said, "Use the search feature."
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!