Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Good choice of weapon skill lines for NB

MikeMadden
Currently, Im a 44 NB with a DW build. It does fine for the most part, but I kind of want to mix it up some with another weapon skill line. I tried bow before, but it seemed pretty weak compared to my DW build. Mind you, Im a Khajiit and I utilize stealth frequently. Therefore, I can one-shot most enemies before the battle starts. What is another good alternative for a NB that isn't DW? I know I could be anything I want, but sometimes it just doesn't make sense to be X when Y is more in line with other skills. I just want to hear other NB's thoughts! Thanks
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, please disregard the possibly poor english, as it isn't my mother tongue :)

The way I see it, you basically want your second weapon to offset the weaknesses of the first one, or to place buffs and defensive spells.

In the case of a Dual Wield focused character, I would either go for a bow (distance dps for AoE heavy bosses, possibly some controls or escape tools for "oh sh*t" moments), or a resto staff to add some healing (more likely Regeneration/Mutagen and Quick Siphon to use before the start of a hard fight).

The Nightblade has some interesting spells like Aspect of Terror, Haste, ... which seem like a good pick on the second hotbar.
    Throw Haste, Mutagen, jump in, enjoy extra dps and survivability. Not that useful in pre-50 content, but when you hit VR you will feel the difference.
    Edited by Aedh on May 5, 2014 4:19PM