Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

My little experiment without armors/weapons.

Squishy
Squishy
✭✭✭
Since VT was annoying me greatly, I decided to create a new toon, and to try something special.

I removed all but 2 items gloves, and boots. and the enchants (for magicka and hp regen).

So here I am, virtually naked (less than 100 armor value) and unarmed.

What I found disturbed me greatly. So far, at L14, I seem to not die very often, if at all.

I'm actually able to solo some dungeons, and open world boss (not all of them though). Granted, it is only L14, but I expected to die a lot, and have a hard time.

It was originally a bet with a friend, to see how far I'd go, we did not expect to be able to do anything past L10 or so.

I'm continuing this experiment, to see how far it will work and remain a viable playstyle.

I picked a Breton Templar. I'm using the fairly typical setup, the cone lance attack, the multiple fireballs, with the fireball thrown from upward as an opening attack. I do not have any weapons, or armor to speak off (I only kept heavy on shoes, and medium on gloves for grinding the armor levels in case I need it and get attached to the toon ^_^). On 4th skill, I picked the basic first healing skill, which I rarely need to use, unless I'm taking on 4 or 5 mobs, or an elite boss. As the ultimate, I picked nova, I forgot which morph I picked for it, since I rarely use it. On the 5th slot, I had soul trap until recently, I replaced it with blood altar to be used for dolmens.

I rarely use the lance attacks, since It consumes too much mana for my liking, I do use it as a finisher if the fight gets a bit tight though.

What I'd like to know, although I'm truly enjoying fighting half naked and bare handed, is this supposed to work and be a viable build? I do take hits from multiple targets quite often, but my HP does not seem to be destroyed like my light armor wearing mage, is there some sort of unexpected combination /invisible passive for Templars/Breton? They do seem extremely resilient naturally.
Edited by Squishy on May 5, 2014 10:37AM
"In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Enderhawk
    Enderhawk
    Armor gives you approximetly 10-30% of resiliance to physical damage when in normal zones. If with full armor you wont go under 80% of HP, why would you die naked?

Items are far more important in late game, Veteran Zones and Dungeons in particular. At this time, traits, sets, enchantments increase your effectivness much more then in normal zones.

Additionally, late game is where 2% of hp more or 1% of resiliance more will decide if you finish dungeon quickly or if you'll wipe hard on each boss.
  • KoooZ
    KoooZ
    ✭✭
    Enderhawk wrote: »
    Armor gives you approximetly 10-30% of resiliance to physical damage when in normal zones. If with full armor you wont go under 80% of HP, why would you die naked?

Items are far more important in late game, Veteran Zones and Dungeons in particular. At this time, traits, sets, enchantments increase your effectivness much more then in normal zones.

Additionally, late game is where 2% of hp more or 1% of resiliance more will decide if you finish dungeon quickly or if you'll wipe hard on each boss.

Is that why VR enemies in cyrodiil are impossible to harm as a <50?