The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Zenimax should shut down Cyrodiil for 1 week

TheBull
TheBull
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe even 2 weeks. Fix the broken skills, then relaunch with a reset.
Edited by TheBull on May 5, 2014 6:24AM
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I kinda agree.

First they messed it up with the bounty quest reward that gave the people camping Cyrodiil for the first couple weeks a score the rest of us will use months to catch up to, only problem is we will only catch up if they quit/takes a break.

Secondly with how broken vamps are now, they will get so many Alliance Ranks/levels the rest of us once more will never catch up if they do not quit/takes a break.

Just eat the problem right now, this early, while it can be fixed. Fix vamps and give everyone a full reset of PvP. Give everyone full refund of all skills, and just take away the points we have gotten from PvP ranks. I myself is 8, no big deal, we can call it learning the game.

The exp gotten from PvP is no big deal, its the Alliance points/levels that is the problem.

The abusers/exploiters will keep the advantage forever if they do not do a reset. Zenimax, just take just take the bitter pill now, while you can, get to fix vamps and just put everyone back at square 1 when it comes to Alliance levels/points. You can call it resetting the campaign or whatever, just give everyone a fresh start.
    Options
  • Estwing
    Estwing
    ✭✭✭
    The repeatable kills quest is not the reason people have high AP. This has come up multiple times and it is was not the reason. The main reason is that you get about 500 times more AP for solo kills than you do in a group. So one person who is playing the FOTM vamp "inset other skill here"(shield basher for example) can literally kill 20v1 and get 500-800 AP per kill. This compares to a group siege where you would get 6 to 20 a kill. They really need to stop awarding this and even the gap out some. Yes you should get some extra reward for solo kills but maybe 50 AP not 800.
    Options
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Estwing wrote: »
    The repeatable kills quest is not the reason people have high AP. This has come up multiple times and it is was not the reason. The main reason is that you get about 500 times more AP for solo kills than you do in a group. So one person who is playing the FOTM vamp "inset other skill here"(shield basher for example) can literally kill 20v1 and get 500-800 AP per kill. This compares to a group siege where you would get 6 to 20 a kill. They really need to stop awarding this and even the gap out some. Yes you should get some extra reward for solo kills but maybe 50 AP not 800.

Partly correct, but if someone is soloing he should be awarded for that of course. Logically and obviously a solo kill should give the full award to one person, instead of spreading it out over a whole serg.

The problem is the exploits that have been used to build up the score so far, for example vamps able to solo whole sergs, and yes they are! And no, a shield basher can not kill anyone 20v1, if so they are afk.
    Options
  • legiont666ub17_ESO
    Jarnhand wrote: »
    Sadly I kinda agree.

First they messed it up with the bounty quest reward that gave the people camping Cyrodiil for the first couple weeks a score the rest of us will use months to catch up to, only problem is we will only catch up if they quit/takes a break.

Secondly with how broken vamps are now, they will get so many Alliance Ranks/levels the rest of us once more will never catch up if they do not quit/takes a break.

Just eat the problem right now, this early, while it can be fixed. Fix vamps and give everyone a full reset of PvP. Give everyone full refund of all skills, and just take away the points we have gotten from PvP ranks. I myself is 8, no big deal, we can call it learning the game.

The exp gotten from PvP is no big deal, its the Alliance points/levels that is the problem.

The abusers/exploiters will keep the advantage forever if they do not do a reset. Zenimax, just take just take the bitter pill now, while you can, get to fix vamps and just put everyone back at square 1 when it comes to Alliance levels/points. You can call it resetting the campaign or whatever, just give everyone a fresh start.

The campaign itself for right now only lasts 90 days which is a while but hopefully it becomes a shorter time in the future. That being said the entire campaign restarts so everyone will have a new start to be able to obtain emperor.
    Options
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I kinda agree.

The campaign itself for right now only lasts 90 days which is a while but hopefully it becomes a shorter time in the future. That being said the entire campaign restarts so everyone will have a new start to be able to obtain emperor.

I do not care about becoming emperor, no plans, no hope, never gonna happen. What do concern me is how many alliance levels people have gotten from now nerfed pvp quest and exploiting vamps (farmed alliance points = higher PvP level = more skill points = advantage) . THAT is the problem!
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP quest wasn't that bad. 3 days of slightly buffed AP. I say slightly because by the time you took to turn in and get back to the fight you could have killed 2-3 people and made the same amount.

I don't the quest was nerfed because of AP. I think it was nerfed because it was game changing. People were just charging into battle so that they could die and get the quest again.

But yeah game breaking is game breaking.
    Edited by TheBull on May 5, 2014 12:58PM
    Options
  • Mordenkaiser
    Mordenkaiser
    ✭✭
    I actually agree, between the issues with oil pots, batswarm and ult reduction, these things also helped folks gather disturbing amounts of AP.
    "Serve me in death, and let Sithis be your shepherd"
    Options
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    it is just a case of hindsight being 20/20...the 1st campaign should have been 30 days to make sure things worked and then going forward extended the length. that didn't happen so this 1st round is kind of a wash, i agree.

the unfortunate reality tho is that whoever figured out their exploits this early will always be the guys figuring out exploits every round, so they will always have the advantage until their tactics are revealed. round 1 was just more obvious. round 2...well i think we have the inkling starting of what will become common now...it seems to easy to swap maps to PvDoor an entire map with no repercussions or lowered gains. personally i'm driven by PvP and "winning" (it takes on a lot of definitions in AvA)...i'm not driven by amassing personal points from doors. (this was an extremely boring problem with GW2). i think guesting should be more restrictive (a week not 24 hour swaps). but that's a little derailed...

it's fine now, it just cost us a lot of time. but think about how many of these people quit. i know from my campaign alone, some of our original leaders dropped out almost immediately after the quest change. if people quit or simply couldn't keep up after that change, imagine that massive number who will quit or fall behind with the vamp changes... it'll work itself out.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Estwing wrote: »

The way they have right now works perfectly.
    What you're suggesting is, that someone who kills someone solo should only get 50 more Rps more then someone who zergs down that person with 5 people.

The Solo person contributed far more to the fight then you did with your 4 other people.

This is one of those cases of people wanting to pull terrible ideas from *** games like GW2.

GW2 worked similar to your idea, basically anyone who hit the person got the same amount of points as someone who did all the work. So what happen...People got more rewards for zerging instead of small manning...Which meant people just zerged more.

Next you'll want a *** down system.

Options
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can not just reset PvP because they need our feedback to see how it all is working so they can make the next campaigns better. Balance abilities, que times on servers, populations etc etc.
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would make alot of people happy.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Cyrodiil gets shut down,
    How will Zenimax know if their changes fixed the problems?
    How will they identify new problems as more people reach VR?
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just dont play until they fix it, lots of people are having fun with it.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on May 5, 2014 6:50PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • legiont666ub17_ESO
    Sadly I kinda agree.

I do not care about becoming emperor, no plans, no hope, never gonna happen. What do concern me is how many alliance levels people have gotten from now nerfed pvp quest and exploiting vamps (farmed alliance points = higher PvP level = more skill points = advantage) . THAT is the problem!

Sorry skill points do not equal advantage. PvP is only 50 of the 300+ skill points you can already obtain you can only put 10 skills and 2 ults up for use. there are several more ways than pvp to get skill points.
    Options
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    PvP in its current state is gamebreaking. So bad in fact that I do believe that a PvP rollback is in order. Do not take away skillpoints or Alliance rank, but remove everyone's Emperor skill line and current balance of Alliance points.
    Options