Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Anyone bothering with soul trap?

Bhakura
Bhakura
✭✭✭✭
Its like the most useless skill on the skillpage. You need soulgems? Go farm a boss for awhile.
Occasionally you loot an empty soulgem but my stack of filled ones are just that much i dont even bother picking it up or use soul trap to fill it up.
Maybe if i just sold a stack of a 100 and my current stack of gems is low again and find an empty one, yea ill go find a mob slot soultrap and fill it, but other then that? meh, why bother.
Soul gems shouldnt be so easy to get, let alone filled ones. Imho, it should be removed from bossloot all togheter and instead get a 100% drop of an empty one according to your level in a treasure chest, put that soultrap skill to work.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and putting that point in the passive fills soul gems with regular weapons hits. A very small heal after you morph it not really worth it either.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never used it, no need.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never used it, but have skilled it up for future use, just had it sitting on my second castbar, that I use to switch to when I turn in quests
  • nopressure
    nopressure
    Soul Shriven
    I bother with soul trap, because im no farmer, have to charge soulgem somehow, use soulgems for weapon charging and rez obviously. No problems for me so fare.
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    I thought dungeon bosses don't drop as much loot anymore?, you need dem soul gems, and TBH i enjoy having to fill them.
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a passive that makes you explode on death B)
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Theres a passive that makes you explode on death B)

Ah yes thats another one, sometimes it goes off sometimes it doesnt. Took the skill for pvp, but havent really pvped since i got it. In pve its quite useless, come to think of it, other then the free res every hour theres nothing in world skill tree thats actually any good. The ultimate? Playing as nb, the aoe stun is far better then a single target damage snare.

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks in pve but in pvp if you beat me with 5% hp i want you to walk back with me!
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    if it would be raining magicka from the target I would have it on, otherwise I did not bother with the skill, once I got higher level skills from other trees. initially it was an ok magicka use when most other skills were stamina.
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    I morphed soul trap to consuming trap and refill gems all the time. I always keep a healthy supply of gems on me. Very useful to have in pvp and pve. The weapon passive was just too slow for my tastes.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used it once on a new toon to fill up skill slots, not a bad skill at level 5, even used it enough to morph, the resource regen seemed decent but overall the skill doesnt seem worthy of a permanent slot on my bar.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the soul-gem on hit, and free resurrection every hour benefits.

But later in the game I still have something like 30+ soul gems of every level. Don't really need it after a point.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every skill has its use. A machine gunner in a helicopter would think a shotgun is useless in the air but that infantry soldier on the ground wouldnt think so.

I use it to make money... figure it out.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Soul trap seems to just stop scaling for some reason? I really wanted a good magika dot skill but soul trap and entropy both blow at vet level. Esohead shows the damage as nearly double what my tooltips say in game.