Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Why should players be attracted to Vampire/Werewolf skill lines?

Firellight
Firellight
✭✭✭
Vampirism is a curse (read comments for other stands). When we reach a high level, why should we have to consider which curse to be inflicted with for the next batch of skill lines? At a design perspective, the Twilight-esque vampire vs werewolf should not be part of an endgame goal; unless the player really likes vampires and werewolves. We seriously need a third skill line to attract players away from becoming a vampire. Like a skill line for worshiping the Divines (or a skill line for each).

Is ZOS considering this or are there no plans for a third skill line?

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: I never implied anything about Twilight btw, I was pointing out that it is typical to rival werewolves and vampires in any piece of lore.
Edited by Firellight on May 5, 2014 12:06AM
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you realize that the vampire and werewolf here is nothing like the bastardization that exists in Twilight. Furthermore, I doubt you will see any actual divine powers if that's what you were hoping for, as the aedra don't seem to do that.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, vampirism is a disease, though I guess a few of the originals were cursed but some asked for it which I suppose is a gift.
    Enough with this twilight nonsense, we get it, you actually love the films and feel the need to belittle it on forums because it's your guilty pleasure, it's okay.
    I know a lot of individuals who don't want to go either because it will hinder their characters. The notion of making vampires / werewolves unappealing is silly.. they're meant to add some power to your character at a cost. Given how vampires are being nerfed soon you should see less of them.. but really, why does it matter?
    I personally like the world skill line, can't be x if y, so if you add a lich into the mix you can't be a vampire / lich hybrid.
    That being said I only really want to see the lich as a world skill with necromancy as a class.. the idea of having a skill set dedicated to the gods you worship doesn't make much sense to me.. and if I was a vampire or a werewolf I could still worship a god causing people to complain about the unfairness of it all.
    If you don't like vampires / werewolves don't become one, if you feel they're OP in PvP grab a few fighter's guild skills.. with the upcoming vampire nerf they won't be as godly as everyone thinks.
    Edited by The_Sadist on May 4, 2014 11:42PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    Bering a werewolf in game is a curse - literally. Turtle can kill you
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    No no no, Lycanthropy and vampirism is not a curse instead it is a gift given by the Daedra. But some people do not view lycanthropy or vampirism as a gift like the daedra do.The werewolves and vampires in Elder Scrolls are not curses instead they are gifts from the Daedra. There is a difference!
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    No no no, Lycanthropy and vampirism is not a curse instead it is a gift given by the Daedra. But some people do not view lycanthropy or vampirism as a gift like the daedra do.The werewolves and vampires in Elder Scrolls are not curses instead they are gifts from the Daedra. There is a difference!

Let's be honest, though. Every time you see someone "gifted" by a Daedric Prince it turns out to have some horrible twist.

Like those Skeleton people that just wanted to save their village. Or the dude who has to die in order to save the flooded swamp and is insane due to exposure of hidden knowledge and the list goes on.

How about Southpoint and all the mayhem that Sheogorath caused there.

That said: WHY HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN UNDERWOLRD.

You know Selene the Death Dealer? Lucian the badass werewolf? Why is "Twilight" the go to reference?

I picked a "demon hunter" character that is a werewolf. One weapon bar is associated with general questing/pve stuff (Survivability, attacks etc..) with the werewolf ultimate (Even though Werewolf is horribly gimped it's still fun.)

The other is with a fighter's guild focus on killing: Daedra, Undead, other Werewolves, anything affected by the fighter's guild passives.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »

Let's be honest, though. Every time you see someone "gifted" by a Daedric Prince it turns out to have some horrible twist.

Like those Skeleton people that just wanted to save their village. Or the dude who has to die in order to save the flooded swamp and is insane due to exposure of hidden knowledge and the list goes on.

How about Southpoint and all the mayhem that Sheogorath caused there.

That said: WHY HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN UNDERWOLRD.

You know Selene the Death Dealer? Lucian the badass werewolf? Why is "Twilight" the go to reference?

I picked a "demon hunter" character that is a werewolf. One weapon bar is associated with general questing/pve stuff (Survivability, attacks etc..) with the werewolf ultimate (Even though Werewolf is horribly gimped it's still fun.)

The other is with a fighter's guild focus on killing: Daedra, Undead, other Werewolves, anything affected by the fighter's guild passives.
    I am purdy sure the Elder Scrolls took influence from Underworld and Van Helsing for the Dawnguard DLC. The vampire lord vs the savage werewolf pretty much equals to Van Helsing or Underworld. However, we don't have a vampire lord...yet /cry
    Edited by Brittany_Joy on May 5, 2014 10:05PM
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am purdy sure the Elder Scrolls took influence from Underworld and Van Helsing for the Dawnguard DLC. The vampire lord vs the savage werewolf pretty much equals to Van Helsing or Underworld. However, we don't have a vampire lord...yet /cry

You'll notice, however, time and again people just plop down Twilight for anything vampire or werewolf related. For goodness sake the STAR of Underworld, Kate Beckinsale, is the voice of the Aldmeri Dominion queen!

Is Van Helsing that VHS movie with Hugh Jackman with the big hat and crossbows and such?

That guy reminded me of Vampire Hunter D, but most people don't know about those movies or books.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »

You'll notice, however, time and again people just plop down Twilight for anything vampire or werewolf related. For goodness sake the STAR of Underworld, Kate Beckinsale, is the voice of the Aldmeri Dominion queen!

Is Van Helsing that VHS movie with Hugh Jackman with the big hat and crossbows and such?

That guy reminded me of Vampire Hunter D, but most people don't know about those movies or books.

Oh, yeah it is annoying how people use Twilight as a reference.

Yes, the Van Helsing movie I am talking about is the one with Hugh Jackman and the crossbows.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr60kvuKw3w
    I mean look, Elder Scrolls must be getting their influence from Van Helsing and Underworld. Unless it is just a big coincidence.
  • Firellight
    Firellight
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Van Helsing movie I am talking about is the one with Hugh Jackman and the crossbows.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr60kvuKw3w
    I mean look, Elder Scrolls must be getting their influence from Van Helsing and Underworld. Unless it is just a big coincidence.

Lol it's a vampire lord vs a werewolf! I agree with this theory. I wonder where ZOS got their inspiration for the zombies in ESO...?