Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

broken classes

davidpinkard
They really need to fix tanking classes. Especially template tanks. I shouldn't have to rely on a heal heavy ability bar to solo. Maybe I am just not playing the class right, but I wouldn't know as the in-game community is about as helpful as Helen Keller at a karaoke contest.
Edited by davidpinkard on May 4, 2014 8:34PM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    They really need to fix tanking classes. Especially template tanks. I shouldn't have to rely on a heal heavy ability bar to solo. Maybe I am just not playing the class right, but I wouldn't know as the in-game community is about as helpful as Helen Keller at a karaoke contest.

you said it yourself... you'r not playing it right ^^

1) if you'r talking of 1-50 content... than I really can't tell what your doing wrong since you can solo 90% of the 1-50 content with only one skill in your hotbar...

2) if your talking about VR content than your error is in the fact that you think that being a tank means that you can take your time in killing your enemy while they hit you... that is not how it works in this game... no matter how much tanky you are... no matter how strong your self heal are... if you get hit again and again by VR mob you will die a sorrowfull death...

tips I can give you are:

1) learn to block... you can use Instant cast skill while blocking... even if the animation change from block to the cast animation you will still be blocking (and so reducing incoming damage by 50%)... and you can block with every weapon... yes shield give you a little bonus on block (70% damage reduction instead of 50% and lower block cost)... but blocking with a staff is just as much good as with any other weapon... so just block those hit with your weapon instead that with your jaw... ^^

2) learn to use CC... as said before no matter how tanky you are or how strong your heals are... mob in VR contrnt hit too hard and have too much HP to go the way of the attration... you have to to make them "unable to hit you" as much as you can... at that point you can chose if you want to go burst... and kill them as fast as you can but suffer the consequence of every error you make... or go tanky... use more time but get forgiven for some error every now and than... but only for some error... and not using CC at all is not just "SOME" error...

my best suggestion for an AoE CC is volcanic rune (morph of fire rune from the mage guild skill line)... a 4 second AoE stun... that will give a long enough time to deal some damage... when the efect end use it again (place it a 1 second before the effect end if you are up against a ranged group to make it trigger as sson as they go out of stun or the will spread making it much harder to controll all of them...)... with 2 or 3 runes you should be able to kill the group of mob without taking too much hit and taking those few whil in block greatly reducing the damage taken..