The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

broken quest stopping progress

deranged_pyro
I just started a new character on daggerfall covenant and just got the bloodthorn assassins quest i have to search for verrik and his assassins which leads me to a ship once on the ship I'm supposed to search suspicious cargo but every time I log into the game and load up the world I can walk two steps and the game crashes it has happened 10 times now I have disabled all my add-ons and tried everything I can think of i.e. running just the game no launcher, nothing else running in background but nothing works this is getting irritating because all of my collectors edition content is on this one character I cannot delete and start over without losing it all and I can't go to map and fast travel out of the boat either I have submitted many bug reports can someone just let me know if I'm the only person this is happening to
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Try checking your files.
    1. start launcher
    2. click the gear in upper right
    3. click about
    4. click game consultant
    Options
  • Arsvita
    I always found the suspicious cargo on the docks all the way to the lighthouse.

I have found a few, I believe, on the ships, but mostly I just check the docks.

Best is go to the lighthouse, bottom dock and to the right, and there is normally at least 2 crates that are there.

Good luck!
    Options
  • LevinBerendt
    LevinBerendt
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problem. In another thread, the player was eventually able to get off the boat by fast travelling in the 2 seconds before it crashes. Going to give that a try. May also try the /stuck command.
    Options
  • LevinBerendt
    LevinBerendt
    Soul Shriven
    And now I no longer get 2 seconds... Sigh.
    Options
  • LevinBerendt
    LevinBerendt
    Soul Shriven
    After a couple more attempts, got out of the hold and off the ship. Crashed on the dock... I guess that's progress.
    Options
  • jorj82
    jorj82
    try lowering the texture quality, worked for me
    Options
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I had this problem but was hoping they'd fix it. Guess they didn't in the most recent patch?

Wonderful.. I'll just try the texture quality thing.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
    Options