Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Incoming vamp nerf [suggestion]

makkon
makkon
✭✭✭
Since everyone saw this http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/24h8dv/welcome_to_the_zos_aua/
I agree, they need to be looked, acpecially some skills, mostly bugged and combo with empreror/sorc or DK, stacked multiple, etc.
but this:
  • Fixed the bug where multiple Bat Swarms can be stacked on the same Vampire.
  • Reduced the movement speed bonus durring mist form to 30% (which makes it equivalent to the "Boundless storm" morph of Lightning form)
  • Reduced the Vampire ability cost reduction to 7% per stage
too much brute force.
plus some fact what vamps already bugged for month+ (was also in beta for a long time)
result for customers negative and long waits until it will be fixed/balanced/nerfed whatever

I do bot want to wait for month (or years) and I do not want to be deceived like all "euro" customers with eu server.
I chose vamp before release and I knew + and - of this skill line. Nerfing x3-4 stage cost reduction and do not touch other stuff? Really? It is not a solution - its a crutch.
So, my suggestions:
  • First of all - fix bugged passives after death and stage bug after relog/changing zone (inc next patch?)
  • Only one ultimate can be active on character at one time (inc next patch as well?)
  • Remove stage cost reduction on ultimate. Decrease it cost to 175.
  • Fix drain essence(and morphs)! This skill is very unresponsible on activation. Sometimes I push 5-6 times to get it active, also some strange mechanic on skill queue system. Mb this is result of "EU" (na) server location - dunno.
  • Fix dark talong bug which can put root on guys in mist form
  • Bashing a guy in mist form will break mist form. Bug or as expected?
    _____________here is the end of suggested bugfixes, below will follow feedbacks______
  • If you nerf mist form - plz add possibility to sprint in it. Or reduce cost. Or make it like purge (remove all negative effects) and increase cost
  • 7% stage cost reduction is ok if you
    1) increase number of stages to 1-2 (it ok if visual effect will stay the same on last 2 stages like now on 4-th)
    2) decrease stage timer. sorry, but 1+ hour to change stages not for ppl who have work aka 2-3h evening playtime. I will suggest 10-15 mins to change stage would be good.Stage timers killing vamp future to feed via synergy coz it is too big
  • Take a look into fire resist. Lets say
    stage 1 - 30% fire vulnerability
    each stage will increase fire vulnerability to 5-7%
  • Free respec to all vamps after next patch!

I do not pretend what ZOS do all of listed above, but still, some of this or some kind of this should be imo.
Do not f_k up customers who already create builds, crafted and improved equip and probably paid for this skill line!

ps. also it will be good to take a look at WW. they are very bad designed. more active skills for WW form and reduced ultimate cost will be good.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really pisses me off , is how im a templar , and im not the OP sorc/DK which caused the problem to begin with.

Wonder if they will eventually finally nerf those OP classes , or if i should give up playing since mine is a sub char and i dont have the patience to lvl another.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on May 4, 2014 7:34AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    What really pisses me off , is how im a templar , and im not the OP sorc/DK which caused the problem to begin with.

Wonder if they will eventually finally nerf those OP classes , or if i should give up playing since mine is a sub char and i dont have the patience to lvl another.
    same here....
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    bump. still actual