Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

DK heavy armor tank just hit vr1 and needs help now

Ixinho
Ixinho
Ok i just hit vr1 and those vr dungeons are wayyyy too much heavier than normal ones, so i would like to ask for some help/suggestions what skills should i use, because till now i combined lots of skills so i can level them all.
The ones i really got used to are ransack, roots, greenblood, and now i'm not sure what other 2 skills i should use in dungeons, any aoe taunt? any help is appreciated
  • Tanabe
    Tanabe
    there is NO aoe taunts.
  • timur.dosrwb17_ESO
    Something like this.

1st bar is for AOE trash pulls
    2nd is for bosses.

Should get you through vet dungeons. Don't forget Scaled armor class passive for that sweet spell resist. In fact - get all class passives.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my tank set up.

Secondary hot bar

Volcanic Rune and a gap closer (Critical rush or invasion).
    I use these for opening pulls. Imagine the area before you as a big triangle pointing toward you. The tip of the triangle is your squishies, the far two corners are you back most mobs and somewhere just below center is the pull you want to make. By attacking here the mobs will funnel down the triangle and pass in range of your Burning Talons. So drop Volcanic Rune there and then hit your gap closer...while those mobs are recovering from Volcanic Rune wait for the rest to reach your location as they funnel down the triangle and pop Burning talons when they get to you. Now you have successfully pulled them all into a pile for nuking and CC.

Primary hot bar

Green Dragon Blood: Health/stamina (spike healing)
    Degeneration: Health recover on hit (damage will be buffed, cost nerfed in Craglorn)
    Burning Talons: AOE CC (Eso equivalent of traditional aoe threat)
    Puncture: (taunt Ransack is fine)
    Absorb Magic: (back up spell absorption, but mainly for the passive block mitigation and cost reduction)

I don't use any armor spells because I block the big attacks and I am a nord who is already deep inside Armor OC. Heavy armor is great, but it's really about the blocking. With 3 sources of self healing I can really give the healer a break.
    Edited by Armitas on May 4, 2014 12:56PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK