The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Full group recount/dps tracker?

SG_Celerrimus
SG_Celerrimus
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I have not been following the addon world much since I downloaded a few addons that I like and haven't expanded yet, but has ZOS changed the API to allow full group recount addons yet? I hope so, they are probably going to be essential in trials, and I would like to have them in 4 mans as well.

Any word on this? If anyone has found one, please let me know.
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, I suppose, depending on your viewpoint), no they have not opened the API back up to allow that. Sorry.
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cairenn wrote: »
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, I suppose, depending on your viewpoint), no they have not opened the API back up to allow that. Sorry.
    That is very sad news :(
  • Kelsaik
    Kelsaik
    ✭✭
    They disabled it before release.
  • Nightscar
    Nightscar
    ✭✭
    Good, and I hope they never do...
    all recount leads to is elitism..
    the whole add-on should be banned imo

• SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightscar wrote: »
    Good, and I hope they never do...
    all recount leads to is elitism..
    the whole add-on should be banned imo
    @Nightscar It does not lead to imperialism, it leads to noobs who are being dead weight and cannot perform to the required level being kicked out because they are preventing a group from progressing. One person makes a big difference in small groups, such as 12 man groups and 4 man groups.

If DERP A is only doing 200 dps while everyone else is going 700 dps, and they are not getting a boss down after several attempts because they are not killing it quick enough, a dps meter displays who is not pulling their own weight, and so DERP A gets rightfully removed. Its not elitism, its common sense.

Calling it elitism and saying it should be banned just angers people because it is a required element in MMOs that want to have hard core progression PvE content.
    Edited by SG_Celerrimus on May 3, 2014 6:00PM
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    That would seem a case in point. That being that the only way to play the game is to be more buff buffoons. The correct answer, to me, is sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe and sometimes comes at a cost. Expecting ZeniMax act where your courage fails is not the correct answer. Walk away from people like that is the correct answer just like in the real world. No, you don't get to join the uber elitist raiding guild when you walk away from elitist. There's is nothing wrong with them being elitist snobs, they don't ruin the game and there's plenty of them to keep each other company.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • l-wilson-1986b16_ESO
    I have yet to see any benefit of recount, as an ex guild leader and raid leader in wow back in the burning crusade and wotlk I have seen far more derping from watching that stupid box on your screen rather than the boss, than I have seen crap DPS that needed kicking from a group.

In a game like this where survival is just as important as damage, the value of the addon is virtually non existant, unless you really want a load of night blades standing in a bosses aoe because they want to prove they were the most awesomesauce players in your raid.

People managed to clear 40 man content in wow before recount existed, we can certainly clear Craglorn without it.

The next argument people tend to give for recount is that they use to for self optimization, but you can easily use the personal damage meters for that and experiment with builds and find out what gives you the best increases.

If you really want to know if you are better than player B, die less than them, then you can pretty much guarantee you're also beating their damage.
    Edited by l-wilson-1986b16_ESO on May 3, 2014 11:08PM
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    Really, the problem is not DPS meters. The problem is that the distilled essence of a game is intermittent positive reinforcement. That's what WoW did to near perfection. Not too hard, not too easy, always driving you ever forward. The problem is it's also the distilled essence of addiction. Addiction does not foster great social interaction. It's not a single player game so what culture you're cultivating is something you need to pay attention to. A game normally strives to balance on the razors edge between too hard and too easy. Erring on the side of too easy makes a better social environment. It makes people generous rather than stingy, magnanimous rather than selfish. You don't drive the idea it's skill, you drive the idea it's time.

You drive the skill aspect through PvP, not PvE. If you want a challenge then fight another player, not an AI. With PvP you really want a level playing field. You want gear to not make much difference and skill be the real determining factor, like with FPS games. PvP got some loving in WoW, but late and it's still a *** child compared to raiding. Single player never did thus the cycle of buy an expansion, play for a month, quit once again. That was the actual problem with WoW, not DPS meters. Raiding brought out the worst in people and raiding was about the only reason to play from a PvE perspective. It was the virtual sole focus on raiding for PvE content that was source of people's complaints, but they instead bitched about DPS meters.

It's really like complaining that speeding is due to buying 500HP sports cars rather than a lack of law enforcement. It isn't the tool, but the environment in which it is used.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • erbadim
    erbadim
    Soul Shriven
    Dps trackers is a real scourge, go speedrun something instead or something else moronic, games are to be enjoyed by ALL and be played for FUN and enterainment.
  • erbadim
    erbadim
    Soul Shriven
    erbadim wrote: »
    Dps trackers is a real scourge, go speedrun something instead or something else moronic, games are to be enjoyed by ALL and be played for FUN and enterainment.
    I wrote that and i was always 1# on dps in Alterac Valley on WoW, still think dps trackers ruins a game.

• LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    Since there's no official documentation on the actual mechanics of the game, just general descriptions of what abilities do, how did you manage to max out dps with no idea what your abilities actually did? Really, using DPS meters and combat logs versus not is science versus superstition. Benefiting from the knowledge gained from those that use such tools is still benefiting from the tools. I just don't believe any maxes out DPS based upon a superstitious belief of how the game works.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erbadim I don't really find constantly wiping on a boss because some people are not pulling their own weight in the trial to be my kind of fun. Just going to /throw that out there.