The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Windows Error 5 Occurred While Loading The Java VM

rferrentino2013nub18_ESO
Hello,

I just upgraded to a new 2TB hard drive and had to back up all my files, not including program files. The ESO installer worked fine on my Win 7 system before but now I get this when I run it; "Windows Error 5 Occurred While Loading Java VM".

I have no clue what changed but my in game time runs out today and I'm not paying for a game I can't get to install. So I had no choice but to cancel my subscription. If you guys finally become competent at fixing the multiple issues with the launcher and game in general I will return. I know other players are having issues with already installed ESO launchers, maybe a error in java was packaged and transferred in a update that effects the ability to run/update ESO.

Just a thought, who knows someone might tell me how to fix this in the next six days but I doubt it. Since there are people waiting 30+ days for ticket responses, that alone will ensure the fall of ESO. Get back to me A.S.A.P if you want my business again.

BigdaddyRF2014
Edited by rferrentino2013nub18_ESO on May 2, 2014 8:44PM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll lead with the obvious question why do you need java?
  • rferrentino2013nub18_ESO
    We don't, but that is what Zenimax Online uses to package their ESO installer and launcher patch files. Therefore Java messed up and screwed everyone. Good going Zenimax, it took me reading another form to find that out before I posted here. No self fixes for this issue and by the time the punctual Zenimax gets to it I would already have moved on.