Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

MageLight

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
The skill is cool and useful (somewhat) in PvP, but that Orb floating around can get annoying. Anyway to disable to orb floating around? I think the eye glow and hand glow is enough indication that it is on. Some times I enjoy the orb, but when fighting it is annoying to have around my character.
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they just need to dim it a bit and move it a little away from the character - have it follow you like a pet instead of swirl around you.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • xDonMega
    xDonMega
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDonMega wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes, seriously...

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike that orb too... I am thinking about not using that skill because of that.

Does one of its morphs not have that orb?
    It would be a pleasure to spend 25k to get rid of that thing as 17% crit are not worth it to be annoyed by that thing.
    I am using that skill for detecting gankers so I can gank them instead.

Yes, seriously.
    Edited by Hodorius on May 3, 2014 5:24AM
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    Terribly aggravating, together with the sound - stationary orb or just blue glowy aura would be ok, this is just torment to have that on.

We sould /feedback it through game, maybe it'll change someday
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) lose the "whole face glow" - it looks terrible even on max details
    2) lose the *** orb. It's there just to annoy player, seriously, since noone else can see it anyway
    3) change hand glow color according to class - sorc stays blue, templar gets yellow, NB gets darkish red and DK gets FIERY

Also.. the ability itself is completely wrong.
    Medium armor users get 21% crit passively.
    Casters have to waste ability slot for 20% which even glows like stupid and shuts down on every loading screen, and sometimes even without it (aka hands glow, crit is 0%..).

Suggestions to change it:
    1) Change "Prodigy" passive from 5/10% to 10/20% (or 15/30 if you want to have the same amount of crit combined) and at the same time change Magelight to no longer provide crit - instead, let you deal heavy (25-50%) bonus damage to stealthed targets you uncover with it. So it remains useful for PvP but it will no longer be MUST HAVE for any PvE caster.

2) Change the animation (everything but hand glow is horrible) and create a 6th ability slot, which could ONLY contain TOGGLE ability. Let players choose if they want Magelight, Inferno, Bound Armor or whatever else is toggle too.
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I with I could see the ability in first person when it passes in front of me.

If you could just make mage light more like mage light that would be great.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    1) lose the "whole face glow" - it looks terrible even on max details
    2) lose the *** orb. It's there just to annoy player, seriously, since noone else can see it anyway
    3) change hand glow color according to class - sorc stays blue, templar gets yellow, NB gets darkish red and DK gets FIERY

Also.. the ability itself is completely wrong.
    Medium armor users get 21% crit passively.
    Casters have to waste ability slot for 20% which even glows like stupid and shuts down on every loading screen, and sometimes even without it (aka hands glow, crit is 0%..).

Suggestions to change it:
    1) Change "Prodigy" passive from 5/10% to 10/20% (or 15/30 if you want to have the same amount of crit combined) and at the same time change Magelight to no longer provide crit - instead, let you deal heavy (25-50%) bonus damage to stealthed targets you uncover with it. So it remains useful for PvP but it will no longer be MUST HAVE for any PvE caster.

2) Change the animation (everything but hand glow is horrible) and create a 6th ability slot, which could ONLY contain TOGGLE ability. Let players choose if they want Magelight, Inferno, Bound Armor or whatever else is toggle too.

So anyone playing Sorcerer should have magelight on? Is the 20% chance really worth the magika reduction?

Pact Bloodwraith
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone actually play any of the previous games?? Magelight isnt some new concept. Its always been like this. Its a LIGHT. If you dont like it, dont use it.
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    Is the 20% chance really worth the magika reduction?

Min-maxing, yes, unfortunately 20% crit is worth more than any other active skill you can take, damage-wise. If we only consider pure magical ranged dps, Inner Light, Velocious Curse, Crystal shards (on trigger only) and Heavy Attack from the staff is the best "excell" set you can have.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone actually play any of the previous games?? Magelight isnt some new concept. Its always been like this. Its a LIGHT. If you dont like it, dont use it.

Well the MORPH is not called Magelight, it is called Radiant Light and Inner Light.

Since we can MORPH skills in ESO and not other ES games, then yes, I think the morphs should not have the horrible annoying orb going around you in CIRCLES the whole time.

Pact Bloodwraith
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ not to mention in previous games it STAYS STILL and does not orbit around - so, yeah if we are using "previous game" argument that's exactly how it shoudl be changed - silent and stationary.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously?

I second this motion.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlliN wrote: »
    ^^ not to mention in previous games it STAYS STILL and does not orbit around - so, yeah if we are using "previous game" argument that's exactly how it shoudl be changed - silent and stationary.

Agreed, I would be fine with it stationary as well. I just do not like it swirling around me while I am in combat. It gets in the way and can be annoying.

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Seriously?

I second this motion.

Congrats?

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just unlocked Inner Light, and was disappointed that the annoying orb was still there. The skill is called INNER light, represented by the glow on the eyes and hands. Why is there still an external orb that takes up half your screen? It would be appreciated if the orb was removed for this skill.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »
    The skill is cool and useful (somewhat) in PvP, but that Orb floating around can get annoying. Anyway to disable to orb floating around? I think the eye glow and hand glow is enough indication that it is on. Some times I enjoy the orb, but when fighting it is annoying to have around my character.

Unbelievable, i thought i was the only one...
    Back in the days of Cabal online you had around 20 buffs around you and i was really pissed they took that away, cant believe i hate it now -_- ( Love the mist around you tough and the blue glow )
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is how Mage Light has always looked in TES games (or similar.)

Go play a different MMO if you don't like it.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use it because of the orb....stupid idea from someone. The orb in Skyrim stays fixed.....I can handle that one.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you can see the orb on other players, which is convenient in PvP.

Example 1: I see a teammate with the orb, I know to follow them and I won't be surprised by stealth attacks

Example 2: I'm stealthed and see an enemy with the orb, I know to move away to avoid detection.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But with Inner Light, you can still see the glow on the hands and eyes, so the orb is unnecessary and doesn't make sense for that skill to have.
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    This is how Mage Light has always looked in TES games (or similar.)

Go play a different MMO if you don't like it.

I'd like to reply to this one with: 'Seriously?'
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    But with Inner Light, you can still see the glow on the hands and eyes, so the orb is unnecessary and doesn't make sense for that skill to have.

And add another comment of support to the topic: 'Inner Light - remove the Outer Orb!'
    Edited by milan.verploegenb16_ESO on May 7, 2014 7:26PM
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Never tested it but someone said other players can't see the orb when using inner light only the face and hands glow. You can only see the orb with mage light.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you can see the orb on other players, which is convenient in PvP.

Example 1: I see a teammate with the orb, I know to follow them and I won't be surprised by stealth attacks

Example 2: I'm stealthed and see an enemy with the orb, I know to move away to avoid detection.

No they dont.. You dont see it in PvP or PvE only the glow on the character ( Innerlight )
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

No they dont.. You dont see it in PvP or PvE only the glow on the character ( Innerlight )

You were probably seeing mage light not inner light.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never tested it but someone said other players can't see the orb when using inner light only the face and hands glow. You can only see the orb with mage light.

Other players can not see the orb, but you can.

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »

Other players can not see the orb, but you can.

I see it on my teammates, I saw it just last night.

Not sure about enemies, but I was pretty sure that I had seen them with it too.

Not sure why it would be different, but I know for a fact I saw it on a teammate last night.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2iuduzq.jpg
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it on my teammates, I saw it just last night.

Not sure about enemies, but I was pretty sure that I had seen them with it too.

Not sure why it would be different, but I know for a fact I saw it on a teammate last night.

Yes i see your silly orb floating... and your scuttler following you too.
    And its a facepalm every time :p