Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Rushed Ceremony

skarvika
skarvika
✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if this is a self heal? Looking around forums I've seen that it seems that most people say it can heal you or an ally.
If this is the case, if you need to heal yourself, is there a way to ensure that you are the one that's healed instead of another player?
Edited by skarvika on May 2, 2014 7:56AM
QQing is a full time job
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it can heal you. Yes, it can heal you or an ally. Any spells which affect allies affect you too. However, Rushed Ceremony says 'lowest health ally'. At times this may be you and it may not. The spell is a "smart heal" in that you cannot choose the target. It auto selects the lowest health target in range and heals that target. If you're trying to use it in group as only a self heal, you're gonna be hung out to dry a few times. If you're trying to use it as an "oh crap" burst heal for any ally in need, then it can be useful. The only way it will work as a solo heal reliably is if you are completely alone...playing solo and away from other players. Even if they aren't in your group, this heal can and will reach out to nearby players who happen to be missing more health than you.

The morph Breath of Life allows it to hit 2 additional targets for a total of 3. This can definitely increase your chances of being one of the recipients.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Yes, it can heal you. Yes, it can heal you or an ally. Any spells which affect allies affect you too. However, Rushed Ceremony says 'lowest health ally'. At times this may be you and it may not. The spell is a "smart heal" in that you cannot choose the target. It auto selects the lowest health target in range and heals that target. If you're trying to use it in group as only a self heal, you're gonna be hung out to dry a few times. If you're trying to use it as an "oh crap" burst heal for any ally in need, then it can be useful. The only way it will work as a solo heal reliably is if you are completely alone...playing solo and away from other players. Even if they aren't in your group, this heal can and will reach out to nearby players who happen to be missing more health than you.

The morph Breath of Life allows it to hit 2 additional targets for a total of 3. This can definitely increase your chances of being one of the recipients.
    Thanks for the response. I wish there was a better self heal skill for Templars besides Healing Ritual. The time it takes to cast often results in me taking more damage than I can heal.
    QQing is a full time job
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet in that case is to use a good CC to get enemies away before casting. Piercing Javelin morphed to Binding Javelin (for longer knockdown) is one of my personal favorites. Fling the baddy away from you and cast your spell before they can even get up. Either of Sun Fire's morphs act as good snares allowing you to roll away and get your cast off before they close the distance.

Don't get me wrong. You can use Rushed Ceremony for self heals. You just have to keep in mind that it is not always "smart" enough to prioritize the caster.
    Edited by nudel on May 2, 2014 8:18AM
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. You can use Rushed Ceremony for self heals. You just have to keep in mind that it is not always "smart" enough to prioritize the caster.
    I'm glad I've put points in this skill; I'm using Breath Of Life. It usually does tend to heal me as well, and fairly well. :)
    QQing is a full time job
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add a self-cast keybind. Also Breath of Life doesn't exactly "heal three targets", only the main target gets the full heal; the rest get only half healing. That said for now you should definitely take Breath of Life because Honour the Dead is worthless.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on May 4, 2014 1:00PM
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Rushed Ceremony is fine when you're alone. You'll almost never 'accidentaly heal someone else' when you really need to use it. Use Healing Ritual when you're in a larger group setting like a Daedric Anchors.