Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Stealthed damage bonus

Hilgara
Hilgara
✭✭✭✭✭
If I use ambush from stealth and behind 180 I get the damage bonus. If I then cloak and move behind the mob while he's in the stun I should get the damage bonus again for surprise attack (stealthed and behind 180) but I seem to only get the 70% crit chance. Is this a bug or WAI?
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they consider the invis from the Cloak to NOT be the same as the invis from out-of-combat stealth....
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they are two different factors
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As was said above, Invisibility and Stealth are 2 different mechanics.
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Previously, I was able to use Shadow Cloak to navigate an 'unsafe zone' during stealth, to a proper 180 degree position and gain full dmg / Veiled Strike bonus

Haven't tried in a while, it's never on my bar anymore.... perhaps you need to wait for it to end.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o There are position requirements? What are they?
    Edited by TheBull on May 2, 2014 7:28PM
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    directly behind = full bonus damage

Anywhere between there and beside = partial. Which may be in the neighborhood of a regular crit. Anything else is +0%