Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Rizerax's Art - Bosmer/Nord (Finished)

Rizerax
Rizerax
✭✭
Here's the final product, scroll down if you want to see the work in progress

eso_by_rizerax-d7j6gxr.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is still in process, but I felt like uploading what I have done, and perhaps getting some feed back.

7ms6us6gx34e.jpg

The Nord is Thackary (I am open to suggestions for his last name), and the wood elf is Rizerax. For the armor and weapons I wanted to compromise between historic, realistic, armor and MMO fantasy. I did a lot of studying reference images of real viking armor and lamellar leather armor.

Since Thackary's background is the Ghratwood temple, I'm thinking Riz needs to be somewhere in Skyrim, but I really haven't found an exact location for her. I mean, I went on a screen capture photo safari with her, and I'm still torn. I know I could do just a generic snow covered mountain, but I wanted it to be somewhere in game that people could recognize.

The characters are finished, and I may work on the far distance background (Behind the temple), but I'm not sure yet. This will be inked, scanned and colored with a combination of photoshop and paint tool sai.

Side note: I leveled up my Ebonheart pact character to level 10 just to be able to travel into the other zones. I ran a level 11 character through the Rift to get to Windhelm, and I didn't die once! (I feel like I should get an achievement for that :smiley: )

Deviantart is here
Edited by Rizerax on May 21, 2014 2:11PM
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool, some of the best I've seen on here.
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • Rizerax
    Rizerax
    ✭✭
    Thank Diaboli :smile: I'm glad you like it. Here's the next update:

elder_scrolls_online_fan_art_prep_by_rizerax-d7hmrp1.jpg

I've finished Riz's background and I also have the border design drawn out on another sheet of paper (it was getting a little too crazy for one sheet of paper). Since my last final is tonight, I hope it won't take more than a day or two for me to finish inking it. I've also included the prep drawings.

elder_scrolls_online_fan_art_prep___thackary_by_rizerax-d7hmrm3.jpg

elder_scrolls_online_fan_art_prep___rizerax_by_rizerax-d7hmrfq.jpg

elder_scrolls_online_fan_art_prep___boarder_by_rizerax-d7hmrc4.jpg
  • Rizerax
    Rizerax
    ✭✭
    Inks are done! Even got the border design looking good! ( I know I created a tangent line with her bow string, I will fix that)

eso_by_rizerax-d7hrs0j.jpg
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have the same kind of artbook as you! I really like all of these, the inked copy looks great!
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it up!
    A fresh start B)
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Rizerax
    Rizerax
    ✭✭
    It's getting there.... Flats took FOREVER.

Still a lot to do, but I find that if I force myself to do the backgrounds first, I work faster because I want to color the characters. Damn, I'm proud of those sky's.

eso_by_rizerax-d7i5fdh.jpg
    Edited by Rizerax on May 13, 2014 12:49AM
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Rizerax wrote: »
    Damn, I'm proud of those sky's.
    Your devotion to watermarking announced your pride from the beginning. It's good work and, we get it.
  • yuikami
    yuikami
    ✭✭✭
    Purrrttyyyy *0* Can't wait to see when it's done <3
  • Rizerax
    Rizerax
    ✭✭
    Khazaad wrote: »
    Rizerax wrote: »
    Damn, I'm proud of those sky's.
    Your devotion to watermarking announced your pride from the beginning. It's good work and, we get it.

I'm a little confused by this comment. I try to make the watermarks interfere with the image as little as possible, but I know that they can still be a little distracting. I do it because someone used my art with out permission and removed my signature, so I watermark everything now. It's not that I feel that possessive over the sketches, but I still want people need to be able to trace my art back to me.
    Edited by Rizerax on May 13, 2014 1:49PM
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    If I posted my works publicly, you best believe that it would be watermarked too.

Great work, if you don't now, I hope that you one day can capitalize on your talents.
    Edited by SluggoV2 on May 15, 2014 2:02PM
  • Rizerax
    Rizerax
    ✭✭
    Almost done, but as I colored it I realized that I made both of their heads too big. At this point, my only option is to use a very careful lasso tool selection and adjust the sizes. Once I do that, it'll be very difficult to do anything else with the picture, so that will be my final step. This is the "I think I'm done stage". I'm going to let this sit for a day to see how I feel about it tomorrow.

eso1_by_rizerax-d7j3c8y.jpg
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick.
    I like how you've managed to bring your own style into it while maintaining the Elder Scrolls aesthetic.

If I were to see these images completely out of context I would know immediately that you're an elder Scrolls fan.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Rizerax
    Rizerax
    ✭✭
    ...aaaaannnnddd DONE!

eso_by_rizerax-d7j6gxr.jpg

rizerax.deviantart.com
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...aaaannnndddd.. I would like to see more :smiley:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    Your work is gorgeous! I envy your talent. >;)
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server