Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

Nightblade - Soul Tether vs Incapacitating Strike

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
Which do you think is better and why? Clearly the AOE is good on Soul Tether, but is it still a good option for a PvE solo boss fight? Which would you take into battle if you could only choose one to use and why? I am having trouble deciding which to go with lol.
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    SOUL TETHER= better in PvE
    INCAPACITATING STRIKE= PvP
    Options
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aziz006 wrote: »
    SOUL TETHER= better in PvE
    INCAPACITATING STRIKE= PvP

Why do you say this? Please support your reason :)

Pact Bloodwraith
    Options
  • RastSekyd
    RastSekyd
    ✭✭
    Soul Tether stuns nearby enemies for 4.5 seconds and puts a decent DoT on the closest enemy. In PVP, though, most players first response would be to use Immovable, which would(to my knowledge) negate the stun and the tether DoT. While it would still provide decent AoE damage, plenty of other AoEs can match that without taking up an ult slot.

Incapacitating Strike, on the other hand, will stun a target with higher health than you for 3 seconds while reducing healing by 50% for an unspecified amount of time. It also has a low ultimate cost(base cost of 50), and you have the option of building up the ultimate to do more damage or using it when it hits 50. This makes it pretty versatile by comparison. It can be charged up over a fight and used as a quick finisher, or as an "Oh crap!" button to help you escape a botched fight or an enemy gank attempt. It isn't nearly as useful in PVE though, as the enemies you'd likely use it on(bosses and elites) would be immune to the stun, and probably the healing reduction.
    Options
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RastSekyd wrote: »
    It isn't nearly as useful in PVE though, as the enemies you'd likely use it on(bosses and elites) would be immune to the stun, and probably the healing reduction.
    Eh, not so much. There are plenty of bosses that aren't immune to CC effects like stun. I've gone away from and come back to Incapacitating Strike on my NBs melee bar and it works well enough, especially after hitting max charge come the end of a delve. Even if it doesn't stun, it can still hit like a truck and anything it doesn't stun is immune to Soul Tether's stun effect as well.

Been thinking about taking Soul Strike though as a possible alternative to Soul Tether.
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I use Soul Harvest/Incap strike and Soul Strike on whatever second weapon. It's a lot of damage! At least for PvP. For PvE you want to use Veil of Blades. The damage is nice and you are very hard to kill.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    With thee recent change to crit on Soul Harvest, I've swapped it out for Soul Assault (2500 damage over 4s) and Veil of Blades. Don't underestimate Veil when stacking on a flag in a keep.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Soul Tether (atleast from the tooltip) says it absorbs health so it seems like it also heals you. I've been using it in PvP but thats more in gank situations over zergs. In zergs I would say Veil of Blades is probably your best option although Incap Strikes works in any situation. I feel like all 3 NB ults can work just fine in any close range situation.

Also the tether still works even if you do not stun the mob. I was using it on Anoms all day yesterday and the air atronach was taking the damage.
    Options