Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

NB invisibility after patch

nez
nez
✭✭✭
Is it just me or now NB cant go invis if their mp's are low but sufficent enough to cast it once more? Cos, dev's kinda hate that class it seems.
Edited by nez on May 2, 2014 6:49AM
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    No, srsly wtf, with few reduction glyphs it costs me around 365 mp, and when i left with around 500-600 skill isnt aviable to use. I would like to hear some info from others NB's!
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Never noticed this, and I can't replicate it.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    I did notice this, too.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like on boss fights I can't get it to work at all no matter how much I have, but when fighting regular stuff it always seems to work.
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Idk about pve side but it seems to be working better in PvP now. I am able to escape from a zerg a lot easier if I need to since it doesn't glitch for me anymore.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    No, I haven't noticed much of a difference but I just changed my NB play style after the patch so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, in case, im talking about pvp side and im using wykked (or how is it) addon, which displays amount of mp i have and etc (plus i checked manually). So for example, if i have 500 mp left and invis cost is ~350 i cant use it, i have to wait till mp goes up to around 700-800. Kinda, dont know whats happening here >_<
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing has been happening to me. I have more than enough magica to cast Dark Cloak and it is grayed out and cannot be used. I have to wait til I have a 150-200 magica buffer to cast it. Honestly, this skill should cost like 150 max anyway to begin with.
    Edited by Creslian7 on May 2, 2014 8:00PM
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, DC seems slightly overpriced given how short it is.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there is a hidden "mana Drain" component? I know that Magika Regen is stopped while invis, but I have noticed that if i am low on resources but have enough to cast it still only lasts for a split second.
    Another thing that may be breaking it, what about DoT damage ticking after you cloak? Perhaps that's registering as an attack and breaking the invisibility. I have a DoT heavy NB caster and it happens in combat a lot. I'll have to test this out.
    Edited by jambam817_ESO on May 2, 2014 8:56PM
  • ethyreal
    ethyreal
    nez wrote: »
    Cos, dev's kinda hate that class it seems.

Not sound all parent status, but this is not the way to get any one to listen to you. You could make the same statement without this comment and not have the thread start with a negative spin.

I want nightblade's to be looked at too!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that may be breaking it, what about DoT damage ticking after you cloak? Perhaps that's registering as an attack and breaking the invisibility. I have a DoT heavy NB caster and it happens in combat a lot. I'll have to test this out.

I just tested this with Crippling Grasp. Every damage tick on the Cripple DoT effect pulled me out of invisible.
    I put in a /bug form that DoT damage ticks interfere with the invisibility buff.
    Edited by Samadhi on May 2, 2014 11:49PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • kelebra
    kelebra
    ✭✭
    You always loose invis early if you do any dmg including existing dot dmg. Been that way since beta
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kelebra wrote: »
    You always loose invis early if you do any dmg including existing dot dmg. Been that way since beta

Does Poison damage count as some sort of different damage counter?
    If I use Poison Injection, I can stealth freely for the whole duration of the Poison DoT.
    If I use Crippling Grasp, every tick removes me from Invisible.

I find this quite odd.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    ethyreal wrote: »
    nez wrote: »
    Cos, dev's kinda hate that class it seems.

Not sound all parent status, but this is not the way to get any one to listen to you. You could make the same statement without this comment and not have the thread start with a negative spin.

I want nightblade's to be looked at too!
    im not trying to get anybody's attention here, i could care less actually, but being impossible to cast invis when you need does. And that is truly important, cos since beta NB's class just feels raw, it got weird uncomprehencable mechanics, though they do have what they need i just need few cases solved and i think every1 who met the same problem is wondering too. So, thanks guys for DoT scenario, but i dont believe its related cos i tested in non-combat enviroment and it still goes "unable to cast" whenever my mp is low but sufficent to cast invis.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed too - seems like Shadowy Disguise needs twice as much magicka to cast that it actually burns.

In other words... You can't stealth at magicka so low that you couldn't cast Veiled Strike from invisibility :)

but since both are buggy as ***, it hardly matters. As a medium NB, you hardly have enough magicka to cast stealth twice, and with our luck, it will fail to stealth you both times.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    As a medium NB, you hardly have enough magicka to cast stealth twice, and with our luck, it will fail to stealth you both times.
    That's not my experience with 5/2 medium light (VR4), I think this must be a problem with your build or you are at low level.