The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New State of The Game Letter Lists Imperial City PVP Dungeon

Kewljag_66_ESO
Kewljag_66_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st

It will most likely be like Darkness Falls from Darkage of Camelot which was awesome and probably the best mixed PVP and PVE experience I have ever had in a game. It brought a whole new purpose and goal to the battle field.

I am sure the city will be its own instance but will also probably have a dungeon attached that you can go deep inside

In DAOC Darkness Falls was a PVP and a PVE prize. When you gained control you got to clear the enemy out. After that they could not return. This was done by controlling objectives on the battle field. Then it was mostly all about the PVE there but you still had to watch your back for the sneaky enemies that still remained. You could then go back to PVP or stay in Darkness Falls and PVE level or work on gaining certain gear you wanted. It had its own loot and currency. the deeper you went the harder it got and eventually it had raid style bosses and encounters. When your side had control of it, it was a treat. So your plans for the night might have changed if your side got control of it. I believe they added this about 6 months after game launch and it was something that really gave the game a new flavor. I belive both Matt and Brian were apart of it at that time.
Edited by Kewljag_66_ESO on May 1, 2014 11:29PM
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    agreed, DF was the best. dungeon. ever! I think it came out a few months after release. Great fun, and an excellent mechanism to get PvE players interested and involved in PvP. Cant wait for it to be implemented in ESO.

Only caveat is that they need to address campaign balance issues, because a PvP dungeon will just exacerbate the desire of a lot of folks to pick a campaign where they can be on the winning side most of the time. They need to deal with the balance issue anyway, but this would make the issue a lot bigger and more problematic.