The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Oilpot change?

Igolbug
Igolbug
✭✭✭
So I have been experiencing this all night tonight.

Whenever I dump oil on a large number of people it will hit nobody, it has been happening to me all night, I dropped oil over top of a ram with 15-20 people on it and hit 0 people with the oil.

I've stealthed up on a group of 40-50 people turning a flag inside a keep and dumped an oil on all of them and it hit 0 people.

Now I am aware your oil will nobody if when you dump it you are stunned, but I was not stunned or cc'd at all, I thought maybe I was stunned and had not noticed but this has been happening to me all night.

So did they change oilpot at all in this latest patch?
Igolbug
V10 R20 Nightblade Ebonheart Pact
WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    It is also not hitting solo players sometimes as well. one of those V10 DK Vamp bat swarm spammers, and he is standing on top of my oil and does not get hit by it.

not a single event either, has happened multiple times now.

I'm basically useless now, OIlpot was most of my damage because I didn't roll DK or SORC and I don't want to go VAMP.
    Igolbug
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it´s the lag?
    I do not know if I should hope that...
    Edited by Hodorius on May 1, 2014 5:57AM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its a boost for vampires, you know how underpowered the poor vamps are.
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Maybe its a boost for vampires, you know how underpowered the poor vamps are.

That is a possibility.

This game is racist, they want everybody to be white.
    Igolbug
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would give all vampire a wabbajack so they can turn anyone who shooting em with FG stuff, or with fire, into a bunny. Noone should attack a vampire, just kneel down and wait till the bat swarm finishes its job. Enough now TESO! Dont let ppl hurt the poor Vampires!!
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    I think (not sure, need to test it) that it doesn't go through walls anymore? I noticed a few times that the oil spilled on wall instead of going through it like it used too
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    Inzababa wrote: »
    I think (not sure, need to test it) that it doesn't go through walls anymore? I noticed a few times that the oil spilled on wall instead of going through it like it used too

I stealthed right up beside them on a flag, and proceeded to drop oil on the entire force and it hit nobody. I never got stunned either beacuse after I dropped the oil I rolled away to my backup oils up the stairs.

Doesn't really matter, I'm EP Wabbajack and the forums and bandwagoners ahve killed my campaign, it is not fun having double population as your enemy, yet I've already invested almost 35 days (11 days /played most of it in cyrodiil) on this campaign so its hard to swap home campaigns.
    Igolbug
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege is usless against VR10s as I have mentioned in my thread. Furthermore if the enemy stacks healing they can effectively shield the ram or otherwise from damage.

Your best hope is to use 3-4 oils. Else there isn't much else that can be done.
    Indeed it is so...
  • dusticusub17_ESO
    Igolbug wrote: »
    I think (not sure, need to test it) Doesn't really matter, I'm EP Wabbajack and the forums and bandwagoners ahve killed my campaign, it is not fun having double population as your enemy, yet I've already invested almost 35 days (11 days /played most of it in cyrodiil) on this campaign so its hard to swap home campaigns.

Glad an EP agrees instead of the unconstructive "oh quit whining baby" answer I get when I discuss PvP populations. We had a near perfect balance a few weeks ago (maybe a little light on AD) with lots of keeps/scrolls changing hands. Now it's just a non-stop EP rolflstomp. Domination is pretty boring for all sides :(