Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

@Vampire /Toggle vampskin

F34R
F34R
So my idea is simple and straight forward, im proposing that a toggle for vamp skin is added so that a person may choose whether to display vampire or not, HOWEVER that being said , it should only be so for the player in question and only for his character, so that people cant simply "hide" the fact that they are vampires from others, purely for us to still be able to enjoy our characters original looks and not to hide it from others.
  • ZIKE
    ZIKE
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a bad idea to me. Very unnecessary.
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, sorry. You chose to be a walking corpse, if you wanted Edward Cullen you shouldn't have wanted to be a blood sucking creature of the night, aka Dracula.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • F34R
    F34R
    It's clearly not unnecessary when people are asking for it and are choosing againts playing vamps because of their own vanity , ya gotta deal with the fact that an MMO has alot of aestethics to it and people will prefer to have the choice opposed to not having the choice
  • Grygnak
    Grygnak
    ✭✭
    I would support this idea if they also added the ability to make it look like my character isnt wearing any armor so I can run around naked doing quests.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have some kind of way to hide the vampire changes.

In Rivenspire, the NPC vampire uses some kind of illusion magic to hide his vampirism and looks like normal living person. Why can't we also use something like that?

It's not like players would actually be using the vampire skin color as reason to know who is vampire and who isn't when you can hide your skin completely, and most of the vampire players uses their vampiric abilities, such as Mist Form.

Should they also make Werewolf players extremely hairy while being in their humanoid form, a bit like in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim where NPC's keep complaining about your wet dog smell and their fur coming of their ears. :\
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • FuzzayD
    FuzzayD
    Soul Shriven
    They should make different strains of vampirism, one turns you into Nosferatu the other elderscrolls vampire and also the gay shiny vampire < it will be the easiest one to catch but no one will really want it.
    Theres a book in TES about vampire and it explains frost vampires and all this cool *** that you should put into the game.
    After you fix all the bugs and make it R18 so the characters can get naked and murder each other graphicaly
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    FuzzayD wrote: »
    They should make different strains of vampirism, one turns you into Nosferatu the other elderscrolls vampire and also the gay shiny vampire < it will be the easiest one to catch but no one will really want it.
    Theres a book in TES about vampire and it explains frost vampires and all this cool *** that you should put into the game.
    After you fix all the bugs and make it R18 so the characters can get naked and murder each other graphicaly

No don't do that! XD

You haven't played enough player vs. player games if you make that suggestion lol the goal in player vs. player for most hard core PvPers is too look silly as possible to maximize how upset the other person will be when you kill them.

Even people without vampire in their build would be running around as sparkly vampires for the sheer troll factor of 500 sparkles storming a keep like a wave of fairy glitter lol XD.

Heck I'd probably even do it cause that would be hilarious.
  • F34R
    F34R
    don't see why you nay Sayers even care it's a "toggle" option for aesthetic purposes for one self and not for others, and is completely optional
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    F34R wrote: »
    don't see why you nay Sayers even care it's a "toggle" option for aesthetic purposes for one self and not for others, and is completely optional

My comment was actually about don't make vampires sparkle lol but my guess would be this.

A. People feel there are too many vampires already making it "nicer" to be a vampire would be counter to their personal goal of less vampires.

B. People think it should be treated as what it is in game a debilitating curse and virus and people who have it should have to look as such as their trade off for the abilities(going and catching smallpox shouldn't give you younger looking skin lol.)

C. The way you look is viewed as part of the downside to being one for most people even if it's just for you asking "can I just not look like a vampire" is like asking to have the fire weakness removed like the fire weakness they view it as a deterrent of being one.

D. They think that if your a monster you should look like a monster in the same way elfs shouldn't look like humans they see it like a race in and of itself so asking to "toggle" your race off you can see why they react.

E. You have a sense of entitlement as a paying customer you should be able to look the way you want well a fair point this is one of the most looked down on things by typical MMO players they view that as a single player game thing MMO's are communities of paying customers any changes should reflect the views of the group not any one person you having that option my upset "other paying customers."

F. You basically bought what it looks like right here and now when you bought the game the $15 contrary to popular belief is not to be used to shape the world to your vision it's simply to be allowed to play the current game how it currently is and pay people to keep the severs running with some new content here and there.
    In fact the only thing you were "guaranteed" was the fact that they can shut the severs down whenever they feel like and there is nothing we can do about it they are fully allowed to charge for any expansions and updates they see fit you had to sign this agreement(same for any MMO) to sign up to play.

People may have other reasons then the above but I fine those the common ones also you should note that the internet tends to disagree with people purely for the sake of disagreeing lol.
    Edited by oldkye on May 1, 2014 9:15AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with my char, I just got a tiny bit more paler then usual not something I notice unless I really look for it.

On a side note: Im super happy I made my char with evil yellow eyes, didnt know at the time vampires existed :)
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    You are having a plague as a vamp, you cannot simply ignore that, its a daedric plague on top of that and the vamps from eso are having a special daedric plague, fabricated by molag bal and hircine...

So, no, hiding is not an option, go to the priest of arkay if you are pissed off by it or search for armor that covers your face.
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anzaman wrote: »
    I would love to have some kind of way to hide the vampire changes.

In Rivenspire, the NPC vampire uses some kind of illusion magic to hide his vampirism and looks like normal living person. Why can't we also use something like that?

It's not like players would actually be using the vampire skin color as reason to know who is vampire and who isn't when you can hide your skin completely, and most of the vampire players uses their vampiric abilities, such as Mist Form.

Should they also make Werewolf players extremely hairy while being in their humanoid form, a bit like in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim where NPC's keep complaining about your wet dog smell and their fur coming of their ears. :\
    Make it a passive ability, like blood altar, that has a long cd. Done.

"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey